Is Fountains Of Wayne No longer?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Brian Bunn, Feb 10, 2002.

1. Brian Bunn

Brian Bunn Second Unit

I have heard rumors that outstanding pop/rock band Fountains of Wayne are no longer together. And I have noticed Adam Schlesinger has been producing alot of other artists albums lately, which further leads me to believe it may be true. But I have read no real confirmation. Does anyone here know anything of this? It would be a real shame if these guys would call it a band after only two excellent albums.

2. Brian Bunn

Brian Bunn Second Unit

Thanks Dave. That is good news. Hopefully we will have a new album from FOW before the year is up.

For two very good Adam Schlesinger produced albums that have come out recently, check out David Mead's "Mine and Yours" and The Verve Pipe's "Underneath". Both very well worth a listen.

3. Tony Mirra

Tony Mirra Stunt Coordinator

I remember that just before "Utopia Parkway" came out there was speculation that they had broken up as well. Seems that these boys keep themselves pretty busy in between FOW records (Adam Schlesinger is another band called Ivy that just put out a new LP), and people tend to attribute that to inactivity in the band, which is hardly the case.

4. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Screenwriter

Bumping up this ancient thread [​IMG], Fountains of Wayne have just signed with S-Curve/Virgin, and "Welcome Interstate Managers" will be released on June 3rd.

5. John Milton

John Milton Second Unit

Thanks for the awesome news Adam! I still play Utopia Parkway quite frequently.

6. Matty P

Matty P Stunt Coordinator

is there a track from FOW titled "Better Days?" I have been trying to locate this song for quite some time but can't seem to find it...any help would be great, thanks!

7. John Geelan

John Geelan Screenwriter

I love the song "Go,Hippie" from Utopia Parkway. Sounds very Stone Roses. It should have been a big hit.

BTW, I grew up near Utopia Parkway located in Bayside Queens.

Very cool that a group used that name for a band.

The photo on the back of the cd is the Throgs Neck Bridge which is right next to Utopia Parkway.

8. GarySI

GarySI Stunt Coordinator

The band took its name from a garden decorating store in New jersey. The is call "Fountains of Wayne", it's on Rt 46 near Rtes 80 & 23

9. Eric Walsh

Eric Walsh Stunt Coordinator

2 more days! And somehow this slipped by me until I was reading Blender the other day and they gave the album five stars out of five. Sounds promising.

-Eric

10. kamyiu

kamyiu Stunt Coordinator

stacy's mom is one of the best pop songs i've heard in a while. other standouts are hey julie, valley winter song, and hackensack. it's a solid, fun album. i can't wait to get the regular release. they'll be touring this summer as well.

11. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    It's also in Weird NJ for the large Santa that's been there for as long as I can remember...
    [​IMG]
    I work like a mile from that store, I've actually bought a cement Buddha from that store too, they sell ornamental stone and concrete statues, including fountains!
    Jay

12. Eric Walsh

Eric Walsh Stunt Coordinator

Yeah the one time a good band comes to Pittsburgh and I am not going to be around. This is life, mine anyway.

-Eric