What's new

Is Ferris Bueller on his way back? (1 Viewer)

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
I've often thought that the Ferris Buehler character would be great to revisit as an adult, but only if all of the original cast were involved. It would be contrived to have Mr. Rooney be the human relations VP who is concerned about Ferris' abuse of the sick day policy at the corporation... but they've built entire franchises on flimsier premises. I wonder if he married Sloane?

Brad

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I just read that as well. Could be interesting, but for now i'll stick to the original. What do you think the chances of John Hughes directing are?

If they do indeed set it 20yrs or so from the original they probably won't be able to cast Matthew Broderick because he still looks exactly the same.

Ernesto Santos

Stunt Coordinator
If they do indeed set it 20yrs or so from the original they probably won't be able to cast Matthew Broderick because he still looks exactly the same.
HUH? Isn't this reality? :D Let's see, Matthew still looks like a teenager. Let's cast Harrison Ford as Ferris. DUDE!

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I posted this a long time ago, but I'll post it again.

Hughes had always planned on doing a sequel.

Premise:
Ferris is working in an office(with Cameron or Cameron in a seperate office) Ferris's boss is Edward Rooney's twin brother.(the boss Ferris has never seen in the corporation)
Ferris needs a day off from work, gets Cameron off work, and Slone too.
Ferris's boss tracks him down.

now some of this info might have changed, or completely changed.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Last Saturday I was at a huge comic book convention in Novi, Michigan and "Cameron" was there signing autographs. Unfortunately, for him, he never had too many people in his line.

But, he still basically looks the same as he did in the movie.

DaveF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Why, at this point, would they want to make a Ferris Bueller sequel? That's like making a sequel to Citizen Kane -- it's just plain silly!

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
Hell, I think it's a great idea and, like said, would have to involve all of the original actors and director for it to be any good. It would be interesting to see Ferris as an adult but up to the same ol' truancy tricks.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I remember reading that Broderick would be willing to do it if the "script was right"... so, if someone else is playing Ferris... the script was not right.. and I don't want to see it.
Actually, if Broderick wont do it, I will. :)

Chris Lock

Second Unit
> But, he still basically looks the same as he did in the movie.

You do realize he (Alan Ruck) has been a regular on Spin City for years, I hope.

Beau

Supporting Actor
I think a sequel would RULE! If Broderick and Ruck were in it, it would rule more.:D

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
What, you mean you guys didn't get enough Ferris Bueller? What, with that wonderful NBC spin-off series and everything?
:rolleyes
-mwb-

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Unfortunately, for him, he never had too many people in his line.
What's up with that? Alan Ruck shows up at some comic convention and hardly anyone gets in his line? He deserves much better. I'd be there trying to get him to tell some stories about his work over the years in the down time between autographs, probably frightening him by remembering he was on the skit comedy show "The Edge."

Reminds me of the Megacon convention in Orlando, FL where hardly anyone got in line for Jenette Goldstein (best known as Vasquez in Aliens and for minor roles in a couple of little films called Terminator 2 and Titanic).

David Rogers

Supporting Actor
A Ferris sequel could be cool, but I agree with the line attributed to Matthew Brodrick "Only if the script is right." And of course Hughes has to direct or *at least* produce.

I can think of a couple ways it could be funny and seem natural as a sequel:

* Office worker Ferris takes a day off - sure, could be good, updates it for the modern age but keeps the same general format outline

* Dad Ferris' son takes a day off (could be done with or without the first storyline; if with the two could intercut and weave together as dad and son go about their seperate Days Off)

In any event, with good writing and a good director, this would be a neat project I'd like to see.

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
The only reason I'd want to see it would be out of some morbid curiosity. Leave it alone, the original is perfect by itself.

And is it just me or did John Hughes lose his sense of humor after making Home Alone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quirkyorc
Recent bookmarks