What's new

Is etronics a good e-tailer? (1 Viewer)

Ronn_R

Agent
I saw etronics have HK 525 cheap and free shipping. Anybody have good/bad experience with them? I don't think they're HK authorized dealer. Do they use their own warranty, and honor it?
Thanks.

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor
Etronics seems like a mediocre retailer - I get the impression that their prices are low, but only because their supply methods are a bit suspect.

I'm pretty sure that they are NOT authorized retailers, so while you DO get a good price, you may end up getting a product with a scratched-off serial number and/or one with no warranty coverage from the manufacturer.

You might get the lowest price, but caveat emptor.

sonny_b

Agent
I just ordered a Sony AV-3000? remote. I got it pretty quickly and it is brand new. It was a little suspect that this remote is $199 and I got it for $100. But this time it came through no problems...I would get a big ticket item from an authorized dealer.

Modena

Stunt Coordinator
Their prices seem very tempting to me too. They actually got good reviews from audioreview.com. I think a good idea would be to get Circuit City to price match them, becuasee I think (not sure) they are an authorized dealer. That way you get the best of both. You can also buy a 5 year extended warranty from Phillips for 70 bucks which isn't that bad to do regardless, but I'm not sure how these work so I would like maybe someone else to jump in.

Ronn_R

Agent
Hi DavidV. Yes, there is actually somebody else living in here :)
Modena, are you sure that Circuit City can pricematch to any e-tailers? I saw another thread about pricematching to Costco, but at least Costco is a known store and also it's not online only. Btw, e-tronics price will still be about $90 cheaper than pricematching Costco.
I'll try to go to Minneapolis this weekend(no Circuit City here) and bring both ad if no one else have a good feedback on etronics.
Thanks guys.

Adil M

Supporting Actor
It depends on your salesperson and manager, but I will warn that CC is really cracking down on pricematching just anything. Good luck and if you look at the cost of the remote(s) the etronics price makes sense.

Laszlo

Stunt Coordinator
I'm with Brian in this one. Their prices are too low. For example I read a lot of people comment to buy the S36's JBL from them at $229. Shipping it was like $29 for me. I don't think they are authorized etailres. Instead I bought the same speakers from a very well known store located in NY: B & H. The price was $259. A little bit more but safer for me. Ah, with free sipping, I've got them in three days. And they are authorized dealers. This etailer/retailer has very good prices. And very good costumer service too. But for receivers I would go to Onecall.

Laszlo

Pablo Abularach

Supporting Actor
I think etronics is not an authorized dealer of anything, I think also that they have low prices but big shipping costs.

But I have bought a lot from them, form Pionner car stereos, Canon digital camaras, to JBL speakers, etc. And for me they are great, I havent being dissapointed with anything, prices are great and everything that I have bought havent had a single problem. I will continue buying form them if the continue to have lower prices that authorized dealer.

I also remind you that I live in guatemala, so warranties and return policies doesnt apply to me, shipping it back form guatemala is very expesive, sometimes is worth even more than what I paid for, so I dont care to much about authorized dealers. For me all are the same.

But this is a descision that you will have to make. How much will you risk your money to get a product cheaper?, for me it is easy, I havent had any problems, so I continue shopping with them.

Hope this helps a little,
Pablo

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks