Is ESPN Insider worth subscribing to?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by DeanR, Aug 3, 2003.

1. DeanR

DeanR Second Unit

Dean
    This service is available through their website. It is $40 a year including a subscription to the magazine. I already subscribe to the magazine but I think it is expiring soon. Does anybody use this service? How good is the inside information? Is it just gossip or is there interesting sports news?

2. Patrick_S

Patrick_S Producer

Since everyone’s tastes are different why don't you simply try the free 30-day trail to see if you like it and then decide?

3. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    The Insider is more information, plus collected links to stories from different sources about different teams. Plus, opinion columns, etc.

If you really, REALLY dig sports, then go for it.

If you're a casual fan, get the local paper. Same deal, and cheaper. Plus you get the funny pages.

4. Tim Abbott

Tim Abbott Second Unit

Tim
    Dean, something I have noticed.....you can get pretty good content from the major sites (nba.com, mlb.com, nfl.com etc.) A lot of times these sites will link to many articles from various sources (newspapers, magazines, espn.com and so on). I have found the content to be more than enough to keep me interested, and its free.