What's new

Is 'Episode 2' gonna suck? (1 Viewer)

mark_d

Second Unit
I too think that any film that is built to be marketed for product tie-ins is stunted (though a select few can pull through with their sheer fun) at conception.
If that were to happen, I agree, but I don't think product tie ins have any significant impact on a movie. That's a bit of a wag the dog situation. Maybe we see Lara Croft use a Nokia mobile - so what?

I don't think that because a given movie may have tie-ins with Pepsi, Burger King, Hasbro, or whoever it means there was any influence on the final product. There are BK promos for LOTR, but I doubt PJ ever gave that a consideration during any aspect of the production of his movie.

Mark

Joe D

Supporting Actor
I personally like my Remains of the Day lunchbox.

Chris Lee does kick serious ass.

D. Scott MacDonald

Supporting Actor
I fear it will suck (but I hope that I'm wrong). From the looks of the trailer, they should rename it to "Star Wars Episode II: Dude, where's my light saber?"

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Hey Ike,
Want to buy my "Citizen Kane" Happy Meal toys? Complete set! Or I'll trade you for the Kurtz compound playset. :D

DavidAC

Stunt Coordinator
No I dont think it will suck. Its unfortunate that everyone has to make a big deal over the dialogue which isnt even that important IMO. Seems like for TPM Jar-Jar was the reason to say TPM sucked overhshadowing much of what was so good about TPM and now for AotC people want to make dialogue the next big issue. From what Ive seen and heard AotC looks like it has a really in depth story and has become much more serious. Along with baddies like Jango Fett and Count Dooku and tons of clones its going to rock. Seriously just give me the boom of the opening scroll, the whizzing of lightsabers, yoda in muppet or CGI whatever, and a classic fast paced SW moment and im good to go, bad dialogue or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks