What's new

Is 'Episode 2' gonna suck? (1 Viewer)

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
No! But somehow I saw this and knew immediately this thread had to be started by Paul.:laugh: Sorry Paul! I couldn't resist.
Thus, we get a film like Episode 1, built so that there could be Taco Bell cups, KFC toys, video games, and action figures.
Oh, you mean like FOTR's Burger King cups, and toys and videogames. And like Spiderman's and Batman's videogames and toys. Or like every other event film who has huge marketing tie-ins.:)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Besides, I hope they do make cuptoppers for this movie. Those were great. Can you imagine a Jango cuptopper? Or, perhaps, Christopher Lee's big head on a large Taco Bell coke? :D

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Folks,
No, it won't suck. I expect it to be rather good, but I am skeptical of any "guarantees" from J Fo. As a Fett-skeptic (let's face it, he's no badass in ESB/ROJ...he's an huge ass-bag), I have little faith in his father either. But Ewan and Christopher Lee look incredible, George got some feedback (good enough), and the expectations (on my end) are a bit more reasonable. Looks like a good movie, but I am hoping for a great one. Stranger things have happened;)
Take care,
Chuck
Miss me??

ShaneP

Stunt Coordinator
No, with all of the events that are being talked about taking place in this film, I am optimistic that there will be something that most Star Wars fans will appreciate.

Shane

JoelH

Stunt Coordinator
No. Say what you will about Jar Jar, N'Sync, bad CGI, etc. -- I guarantee you that I will go see this movie, not overanalyze it, and enjoy it.

----

Joel

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I thik it will be betetr than Ep1 to tell the truth but the trailers have been a tad disappointing so far.

Joe D

Supporting Actor
I just got back from seeing LOTR tonight for the 2nd time, and I saw the Forbidden Love trailer from Ep. 2 for the first time.

I couldn't believe it. The romance scenes were horrible in it. Poor directing alert. It also sounds like Ani is a whiny power hungry bitch.

The rest of the scenes looked great though.

So my prediction is that any lines of dialouge spoken in the film will suck. But the action scenes will be great. So basically, the same as TPM.

Overall:

No

yes.....dialog was bad in TFM and is bad in the trailers for the new one. Lucas needs to get in the back seat and let someone else drive.....kids cant act. they will kill a movie.....Portman sounds like shes reading from cards. and Liam needs to lose the mullet. i hope jar jar dies

Josh_Hill

Screenwriter
Wow, thats an amazing post. I think your totally wrong. I find the dialogue fine in TPM, its just as good or perhaps better than Episodes 4-6. The acting is around the same. Jake Lloyd is playing a 9 year old kid who likes to race pods, what do you want? Citizen Kane. And no I dont think Haley Joel Osment (6th Sense) would have been right for Anakin. I think he would have been to serious. It works better if you see him as a happy 9-year old kid and then he turns into Vader, rather than have him as some delinquint.
May I show you a couple of articles that I think you should read:
http://www.space.com/sciencefiction/...es_010205.html
http://www.space.com/sciencefiction/...ip_000425.html
http://www.space.com/sciencefiction/...on_000722.html
http://www.space.com/sciencefiction/...er_000720.html

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
Donny - Those are great articles. I wasn't aware of the Phantom Heresies and now find myself addicted and reading all of them. Thanks for posting those links! :)

Ike

Screenwriter
, you mean like FOTR's Burger King cups, and toys and videogames. And like Spiderman's and Batman's videogames and toys. Or like every other event film who has huge marketing tie-ins.
I know I'll always treasure my Kurtz compound playset from the Apocalypse Now Redux release. Or my Memento notepad I got from Burger King. Or my videogame of Fat Girl.

I too think that any film that is built to be marketed for product tie-ins is stunted (though a select few can pull through with their sheer fun) at conception. Call it my punk roots showing through, and I'm not naive enough to think that none of the films I like were altered to make more money, but I at least won't have to deal with 2001 bubble bath formula.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks