What's new

Is 'Episode 2' gonna suck? (1 Viewer)

Brion Lydon

Stunt Coordinator
Ewan McGreggor said that what he saw of the movie was good and on par with the original movies. And I trust his word since he says what is on his mind instead of being a kiss ass.

Brion

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I think that if George Lucas would just step out of the director's chair and just produce and write (like in Empire Strikes Back and Jedi), Episodes II and III would be great... I personally think that Lucas is a great idea-man and a very talented writer (look at how many people like Star Wars) but he is really a mediocre director from my viewpoint... IMHO of course.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
No. It will be the same or better than Episode 1 with more action and less need for character or situation buildup. Keep in mind I liked episode 1.

Reason is because both films were shot back to back with the same people (more or less).

Matthew_S

Second Unit
This reminds me, did any of you see Saturday Night Live this weekend? They did a good send-up of Lucas and Episode II. A couple of things that stuck out:

1. Darrell Hammond's Dead-On Impression of Lucas
  2. In Sync performing a jedi tune IN THE MOVIE.[/list=1]

There was more good stuff, having a hard time remembering. The overall sentiment of the sketch was- Lucas is screwing up Star Wars forever. (my opinion).

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Yep--it will be the spring of marketing tie-ins and intense juvenilia; George Lucas is a marketer, not an artist.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
No, I'm optimistic this one will be a big improvement on Ep1.
1. No Jake Lloyd.
2. Jar-Jar role reduced.
3. Christopher Lee.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I was not impressed with Phantom Menace, But this one looks a lot better in the trailers I have seen so far. Although I am still pissed at Lucas for the way he went and altered the original trilogy, I am not as quick as others here to write off his ability as a director. The man has directed 4 movies and 3 of those where excellent IMHO. Phantom Menace was the first time he had directed a film in over 20 years and it showed that he was a little rusty but perhaps now he has gotten his stride back.

In any case I think that people who believe another director would make any difference at all, Are living in fantasy land. Lucas now has such a strong control over every aspect of these films that if another director where at the helm, that director would have as much of a part in the final product as Tobe Hooper had on Poltergeist.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Even if it does 'suck' (which I doubt) I'd go anyway just to feast my eyes on Natalie Portman. Am I the only one who thinks that she looks just heartbreakingly gorgeous in the "Forbidden Love" trailer??

Ike

Screenwriter
Yes. But I didn't like the first three as most.

In my mind, movies made soley for the money are stunted from the get-go. Thus, we get a film like Episode 1, built so that there could be Taco Bell cups, KFC toys, video games, and action figures.

But if that doesn't bother you, and you liked Episode 1, I'll say no. I mean, there were even people sticking up for the N'Sync cameo!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks