What's new

Is "Ed" Dead? (1 Viewer)

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
According to a story on AICN's Coax News, Ed could be gone.

I will be severely bummed if this happens. NBC gave it no time to find a bigger audience on Friday nights. Three episodes, especially with the war and NCAA playoffs going on, is not nearly enough time to establish and build a good base.

*sigh*

At least, from what I have been reading, there will be some kind of closure on one of the big storylines:

One of the producers has been quoted that the season finale will please long-time fans of the show. I am guessing that Carol and Ed finally take the plunge and decide to become a romantic couple.

Lee-M

Stunt Coordinator
Ed is the only show I make a point to watch every week... the writing and acting put it so far over the so-called "reality" garbage being pushed off as entertainment, it would shock and sadden me to think that NBC would dump Ed, and retain "Fear Factor". If this happens, I fully expect to be asked to take a mark on my forehead very soon...

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
NBC has a history of cancelling great shows -- Freaks and Geeks comes immediately to mind. It appears NBC gave up on this show when they moved it to Friday.

I absolutely abhor Fear Factor and all the other so-called reality shows. I've never watched one and have no intention of ever doing so. Please NBC, keep this intellegently written, amusing TV show.

SusanW

Auditioning
Just heard that Ed Season 1 is coming out on DVD. No release date yet, but Artisan Entertainment is putting it out.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Wow... Two hours of a joke being driven into the ground through painful repetition.

I'd rather see the original pilot(s) with Donal Logue, myself.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Rats! I missed my chance by one week to make an April Fools joke out of a "Best of Cheswick" and "Best of Phil" DVD release in lieu of season sets. :)

Regards

David Dennison

Second Unit
Yes, Ed is the best show currently on tv right now, and the only show I really look forward to watching every week. I watch many other shows and enjoy some while I am watching, but I can't think of anything else that I am really excited about seeing long before it airs.

I would really hate to see the show be canceled. The only consolation is that it really would be ending on a high note.

SteveA

Supporting Actor
I quit watching Ed a couple months ago when rumors of its impending cancellation started going around. No point wasting time on a show that's not going to be around much longer.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I quit watching Ed a couple months ago when rumors of its impending cancellation started going around. No point wasting time on a show that's not going to be around much longer.
You missed some great TV, though. The lucid dream episode alone was my favorite hour of television this season, and the episode with the feuding Doctors was perhaps the hardest I have laughed in ages.

Regards,

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I've never watched this show, because the promos were ALWAYS about Ed falling in love with someone, or breaking up, set to that ridiculous vo NBC uses (you know the deep voice with the up-and-down melodics...) and to schmaltzy hit songs. Maybe the show was different than the promos?

Trenton McNeil

Second Unit
You really owe it to yourself to check it out. Not cliche in the least bit....it takes a very unique look at relationships, and life in general. One of my favorites, and I hope it gets renewed!

Rey L

Stunt Coordinator
On the good side, the ratings for Ed have gotten better since the move to Fridays. It has consistently won it's time slot. That in itself was something it didn't manage to do on Wednesdays.

A quick rant-
By the way, as great as Freaks and Geeks was, and as much as NBC tried, it's ratings were horrible. Even when NBC announced it's possible cancellation that would hinge on one night of unaired episodes, it never managed to do any better than third in it's time slot. I hate to say it, but I think NBC gave F & G plenty of chances. With that said, I would really appreciate a DVD set. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zionaesthetic
Recent bookmarks