What's new

Is DVD Profiler the only option for listing my DVD collection online? (1 Viewer)

He@ther

Grip
Hi :)
I want to list my DVD collection online, so I tried DVD Profiler. There's so much stuff to download, though, once you've got the client, to fill in the databases or what not. Is there any alternative? Thanks for your help. Have a great day!

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
Welcome to the forum! I find that DVD Profiler is by far the best, but another one you might like is Link Removed. I've never used it but I don't think it requires you to download things to your computer.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Try out DVD Aficionado. Click on the link in my sig that says "DVDs" and you can check out the interface. It is really easy to use and has the added benefit of remote adding of titles :)

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I greatly prefer Aficionado to Profiler. There's absolutely nothing to download and it's way easier to understand and use.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Wow, I find it hard to believe there is any
program better than DVD Profiler.

Andreas_CH_M

Auditioning
Real Name
Andreas Magnusson
I thought I'd try DVD Collector, and this is the error message I got:
'1.0' is not a valid floating point value.

If you don't have '.' as a decimal separator, I wouldn't touch this with a stick.
[rant]
I'm sorry, but software developed anywhere without the knowledge of regional differences makes me very irritated.
[/rant]

Edit: It is a known problem on their support-site, but it still makes me irritated.

So that's what that error was! I removed the program after getting this.

Think I'll sit this one out for at least at year, and stick with DVDProfiler. Maybe then, they've gotten some of the bugs out.

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor
Wow, I find it hard to believe there is any
program better than DVD Profiler.
I started with DVD Profiler and then moved to DVD Aficionado.

* The interface is cleaner and easier.

* Nothing to download

* Ease of use with the Palm interface which is great when shopping

* And with the simple one click to IMDB embedded for each movie, it contains more information that Profilier does about the movie.

Andy

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Put me down as another who prefers Link Removed for both ease and aesthetics.
(Oh....but you can't click on my link right now because it's offline due to our Name that Movie game in the Polls Area.)

David Rogers

Supporting Actor
I maintain my DB in Excel.

And if you have the newer versions of Excel it'll auto-generate an HTML page from a worksheet, so you could post your collection online in that manner.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks