What's new

Is DVD in Bose Lifestyle 50 progressive scan? (1 Viewer)

Marc Rochkind

Second Unit
I don't see it mentioned in the specs on the Bose web site, and intuitively I wouldn't think so, but does anyone know for sure?

BrentPollard

Second Unit
I would have to say no. They product pdf file at their site makes no mention of progressive scan and I can't believe Bose would not mention it. After all progressive scan is still not on a vast majority of consumer DVD so for Bose not to not advertise it seems clear to me that it is not available. But having said that I can't say I'm 100% certain.

Brent

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
i helped install a new HDTV to a Bose system today and i only saw composite!! cables being run from the Bose unit, so i can safely say that there's no progressive capabilities there (at least in the system i was hooking up).

Darren Davis

Stunt Coordinator
don't judge too harshly. My parents love AOL (cable and straight IE for me) but I have been able to show them the light and steer them from the evil BOSE corporation.

PaulKH

Second Unit
AOL is the McDonalds of the Internet. Tons of people like it, but that doesn't make it any good.

Mike Voigt

Supporting Actor
Is this thread about a serious question on a Bose system or trashing AOL?

And if the latter, why should it remain?

Mike

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
After reading this thread I decided to head over to Crutchfield Electronics. They usually feature very good pictures of all their products so you can see what kind of connections they have for yourself.
Anyway, I did a search for Bose and found that the Lifestyle systems do indeed support component video--if you pay for a special adaptor, which you must buy directly from Bose. Otherwise, the best you'll get is S-Video.
Ugh!
Anyway, here's a picture of the connections for a Lifestyle 28 system, in case it interests you. Looks like they're a bit short on video connections for a $2,500 system if you ask me.

Jamie Shimizu

Auditioning
Component video does not necessarily mean it is progressive scan.

If it is an adapter, I doubt it is true component video. It is probably some sort of signal splitter so you can use component cables. Defeats the whole purpose of having a component connection.

The whole thing sounds screwy to me. Probably just another Bose con job.

Jamie

ShanonS

Stunt Coordinator
As a BOSE convert, just let me say, for the amount of money, you can always do much better than BOSE for any type of setup, unless you absolutely must have miniscule speakers and don't care about sound quality. I agree, if you have to buy a converter (which will be way over priced, as everything else they sell) then it is probably not even an actual component output, and almost definitely not Progressive. The build quality sucks, the sound is mediocre at best. Their speakers can't play high's and definitely can't dip very low, and misses a lot in between. Please do some more reading on here before you buy or recommend their products.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.