What's new

Is drywall adhesive absolutely nessesary? (1 Viewer)

Dan_Morez

Agent
Hello everyone....I'm finally at the drywall stage of my home theater room, the ceiling has been hung already with 5/8 drywall and drywall adhesive glue...can anyone tell me if glueing the walls is nessesary also? The reason I ask is because I've insulated the walls and the paper edges of the insulation covers the face of the wall studs. I'd rather not pull out every staple and recess it in the studs if I don't have to....but also, if there's a chance of the drywall pulling from the wall then I would definitely do that. Has anyone had any bad experiences with this? ....I plan on buying 2 SVS CS-Ultra subs or 1 PB2 Ultra, which means there's gonna be some serious bass in the room....any advice at all would be greatly appreciated.

I'd like to say thankyou to everyone who posts on the home theater forum...I read this forum on a daily basis and have found mountains of helpful information. Every time I've been stuck on building or wiring or anything else. I've always found the answer, or a different or better way of doing it on here. Without this forum, I don't think my theater would be turning out nearly as good as it is. Thanks again everyone!

At the bottom of this post is the web address to some picture of my theater rooms progress.

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
My answer is...

Drywall adhesive? Never heard of it.

Local construction codes / practices? I dunno... we just (in the last five years) had some renovations done, and sheetrock was installed with good old fashioned screws.

That said, doesn't mean that adhesive is *bad.*

Leo Kerr

StephenHa

Second Unit
on ceilings I like adhesive the more holding the better, but walls just screws should be fine (if it pulls out enough to cause noise you have more problems than noise)

Dan_Morez

Agent
Thanks for the advice guys....I think I'll continue drywalling as is. Maybe a few extra screws per sheet, but it should hold just fine.

DenyVL

Auditioning
Hi Dan!

Is it a good solution to put the center channel as high as you will?

I am never seen this before. I just askenig, 'cause the room is looking good, and the idea is also great, I just dont have any experience about that kind of placement.

I am starting my room project this sept.

Dan_Morez

Agent
Hi DenyVL

I consulted with a few hometheater designing places and they all said that having the center channel just above the screen will sound good. The center channel will be angled downward toward the listening area which will spread over the room to give everyone a good listening position.

The pics are alittle deceiving right now, The center channel will be 6'-6" high.....but after the stage is built, which will be appr. 6 to 8 inches high and the front speakers, which are Klipsch RF-7's, and they're almost 4'-0" tall....the center won't actually be that much higher than the main fronts. I'll definitely post after it's all done and let you know how it sounds.

Thankyou for the compliment...it's really nice to hear, I've got alotta work into this room....almost 2 years worth! That's off and on, alittle work here and there when the moneys available to buy materials....but it's finally coming along good now, I can actually see the end of the road nearing :)

adhesivetape

Auditioning
Real Name
billy
Ok..Good luck. But very sorry to report that the link given in your signature is not working. Please check it out and post your home pictures. Can't wait to see them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks