What's new

Is DON'T LOOK NOW still coming out on May 28th? (1 Viewer)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I have been checking several online DVD stores to see if DON'T LOOK NOW was up for preorder, but none of them list it. Yet other Paramount titles that are being released that day such as Silver Bullet are listed. Plus, I haven't heard any news about this title in a while. So, does anyone know if its still coming out on May 28th?

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor
Justin,
Martin Blythe from Paramount has indicated that Don't Look Now has been delayed (along with Polanski's The Tenant). He still expects both titles to be out before the end of the year.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Both are on Paramount's schedule for

the end of the year -- I just cannot

print the date.

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
It's getting a cheap (£12.99) R2 release on the 29th July in the UK, with a 20-minute introduction by Nicolas Roeg, theatrical trailer and downloadable DVD-ROM theatrical press brochure.

Presumably, it'll use the same excellent anamorphic transfer as the French and German discs.

carl.k

Auditioning
If you can play region 2 discs, I'd pick up the French DON'T LOOK NOW (NE VOUS RETOURNEZ PAS) from Studio Canal, I seriously doubt the Paramount release will look as good. The French DVD is uncut, has an outstanding 1.85:1 (16x9) transfer with an avg. bitrate of 8.9 Mb/sec, virtually no extras and the original English mono track, it's essentially a Superbit DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks