1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Is DOA Volleyball going to be any good?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Rock, Jan 14, 2003.

1. Chris Rock

Chris Rock Supporting Actor

I fear that DOA Volleyball will go the way of BMX XXX, and end up being a crappy game with nice (ahem) visuals.

What have you heard?

I really like volleyball games - Beach Spikers was fun, but I'm looking forward to a game with good gameplay. What are the chances that this one will come through? DOA fighting games have been top-notch - but I fear this will be just another excuse to show some extra virtual skin.

2. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

Word on the street is that under the very nice visuals is a solid gameplaying experience. An interesting combination of volleyball and RPG...

From what I've heard (I've never even looked at it) BMX XXX didn't even really sport nice visuals.

3. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Chris,
    Click Here
    Already a lengthy discussion going on with talk about some reviews and other ineresting things[​IMG]. Early indication and reviews seem to point towards the game being a Volleyball game with a ton of mini-games and light RPG elements. Supposedly these things all add up to a pretty fun game that actually has the play to back up the looks and the "T&A".

4. Chris Rock

Chris Rock Supporting Actor

Romier,
    Thanks for the info.

Here's to hoping the game's good.

5. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

BMX XXX: Mediocre developer
    DOA Volleyball: Kick ass developer
    I think it'll be great! [​IMG]
    -Dave