What's new

Is DISH dropping the ball??? Latest News on The DISH Network and HD Discovery Theater (1 Viewer)

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
So, if I understand this correctly, I need the 8PSK module before I can view any of the Discovery HD channel even though I already have the model 6000?!
Dang, how many more "upgrades" will I need? I had already purchased the model 5000, which was almost obsolute when I bought it! :frowning:

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Rob said:
Actually, the modular nature of the 6000 is what prevents it from becoming obsolete at this point. IMHO this beats having to swap out the model 6000 for a model "7000" or something like that.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the reply Robert.
I went ahead and ordered a year of Discovery HD, and the module should reach me within 3-4 business days.
Another question- regarding the Discovery HD "free preview", should I be able to view this channel without the 8PSK module with the model 6000 receiver? Is the free preview on channel 9443? If so, I am not able to receive it! :frowning:
I must say that I am really looking forward to seeing the Discovery Channel in HD. I am assuming that most of the programming will have originated with a HD Video Cam, which really shows how amazing HD can be (vs. film based material)!

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
Another question- regarding the Discovery HD "free preview", should I be able to view this channel without the 8PSK module with the model 6000 receiver? Is the free preview on channel 9443? If so, I am not able to receive it!
Yes, you do not need the module to watch the free preview. However, channel 9443 is only on the 61.5 bird. If you are pointed at 148, that's why you can't see it.

-Lyle J.P.

Adil M

Supporting Actor
In comment to the modular nature of the Dish 6000, I think I'd prefer a device with a better line doubler to be upgraded too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks