Is DIGITAL EYES Slow Or Is It Me?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff_A, Nov 8, 2001.

1. Jeff_A

Jeff_A Screenwriter

I had to cancel my only other order with this company a few months ago because an item listed as in-stock apparently wasn't. Well, I thought I would give them another try. This time the item is listed as generally shipping within 2-3 days. It's day 4 and no email indicating the item has even left yet. ARRRRGGGG!
    Honestly, I always seem to receive my free shipping items from Deep Discount within 6 business days of the order - and this is supposed to be the SLOW company. Sorry, there is one that appears much slower. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    The Dark Tower
    [​IMG]
    Fearless Vampire Killers (1967)?

2. Mark Harrill

Mark Harrill Extra

Jeff,
    Thanks for the post. We normally can ship items in 2-3 days if we are out of stock on an item. Unfortunately, the item you ordered (deleted) is not in stock at any online vendor that I checked. The manufacturer is sold out of the title as well as every other distributor we deal with. As a result, it is very difficult to fill an order quickly for a title that is out of stock everywhere.
    I am very sorry if this was a massive inconvenience for you. We strive to fill orders as quickly as possible, but it is difficult to fill a title that it not in stock anywhere.
    I hope that we were able to help you out on the phone today with your revision to the order.
    Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.
    Mark
    Digital Eyes
    [Edited last by Mark Harrill on November 09, 2001 at 04:01 PM]

3. Jeff_A

Jeff_A Screenwriter

4. Mark Harrill

Mark Harrill Extra

The item was not listed as in stock. It was listed as ships in 2-3 days on average which is our normal restock for out of stock titles. I am sorry if we misrepresented the status.
    I also apologize for publicly stating the title you ordered. I have deleted this from my post for you.
    Thanks,
    Mark
    Digital Eyes

5. Jeff_A

Jeff_A Screenwriter

Mark,
    I think it would be much clearer for the consumer if your website considered just listing "out-of-stock" or "on order" for those titles - that is my opinion only.
    That said, I will continue to shop at Digital Eyes. The customer service I received today when inquiring about my order was first rate (efficient and extremely courteous). Thank you for your response to my post. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    The Dark Tower
    [​IMG]