What's new

Is DIANE LANE's Star Rising? (1 Viewer)

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
Her acclaimed performance in the recent hit thriller "Unfaithful" in which she carries the film, (Richard Gere has half the screen time, and she acts him off the park).

Talent, beauty, respected...

Click here for more info: Link Removed

M.J.

Trevor Bateman

Stunt Coordinator
Martin,

Firstly DIANE LANE got loadsa publicity for UNFAITHFUL. Probably more than GERE, got.

Secondly, there is no way that DIANE LANE is "an obscure unknown". She may not be as famous as Julia Roberts but she is certainly not "obscure" or an "unknown". I would have said that she's bordering on the A-list.

Trevor Bateman

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, I agree. She was cool in "Streets..."

Martin, believe me, she's a much bigger star than you seem to think she is. She was in loadsa magazines and talk shows when UNFAITHFUL came out and that was a hit. She's more popular now than ever!

I still remember her in her debut "A Little Romance" in '79.

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
mmmm, Diane Lane
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
how can you also forget her performance in The Outsiders, which should come out on DVD with an extra 40 minutes of footage

:emoji_thumbsup:

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I had the hots for Diane when I saw her in Streets of Fire (wheres the dvd dammit?), she was only 20 than and absolutely gorgeous, she still looks great today.
She looked delicious as 'Judge Hershey' in that super classic Judge Dredd,
mmmm judge me baby.:D

"I am the LAWWW!!" Joseph Dredd

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
What is it with Diane Lane on this Forum? ;)
There must be a post a week about her.

My favorite role for her was Mark Wahlberg's mother in Perfect Storm.

Some other actresses you may also like...

Meryl Streep
Melanie Griffith
Sigourney Weaver
Sally Field

Those are some hotties!

;)

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
I think you'll find that it was Mark Wahlberg's GIRLFRIEND she played in "The Perfect Storm" not he's mother.

My favourite is "Unfaithful" - a star-making role and performance that has, somehow, not made her a star.

Martin,

I would say that Diane Lane is now definately a star.

She get's "above the title" billing in practically everything she does now and "Unfaithful" won her alot of acclaim and recognition.

She may not be Julia Roberts but she's definately a star, and she's probably as famous as she wants to be. Not every actor wants to be hounded by the press all the time. I bet she makes a great living, earning more money than you or I could dream of, getting conistent work and industry respect.

Many an actress would envy her.

She was voted Celebrity of the Month by the way:
http://www.celebs.cz/celeb_month/

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Wait till Oscar season comes around, you're gonna be hearing a lot of her. Her performance in Unfaithful will be remembered.

--
Holadem

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Checking in to remind that not only men find Diane Lane wonderful and sexy. You Diane Lane fans HAVE checked out The Cotton Club by now, right?

Some other actresses you may also like...

Meryl Streep
Melanie Griffith
Sigourney Weaver
Sally Field

Those are some hotties! (winky smiley deleted)
You'll understand when you get older, my boy.

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
Wait till Oscar season comes around, you're gonna be hearing a lot of her. Her performance in Unfaithful will be remebered.
I wouldn't bet on it. As great a performance as it is Diane Lane has never had that kind of exposure. She's too obscure and unknown. Sadly, I think she'll always be overlooked.

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
When you look and see how little publicity and exposure Diane Lane got for her lead role and excellent reviewed performance in "Unfaithful" (a film that has made $100 million at the boxoffice), and then compare that to the huge amount of publicity Angelina Jolie got for "Life Or Something Like It" (a film that tanked at $16 million boxoffice) or Cameron Diaz in "The Sweetest Thing" another film that flopped, or better yet, how much wonderful publicity Sharon Stone got for wearing her dress to Cannes. I could go on....

For some reason it seems that wearing a dress to a film premiere makes you a star more than giving a knock-out performance in a hit movie. I appreciate Diane Lane may not want to be Julia Roberts, but I'm sure that she's sick and tired of being overlooked all the time as well.

Sorry Matt, but I think Diane Lane is very obscure. I was speaking with someone the other day who knows quite a bit about films and we were talking about "Unfaithful" and he said that it was a real return to form for Richard Gere. When I asked him what he thought of Diane Lane's performance, he said "Who's Diane Lane? Was that Gere's wife?"

It's strange but even though she's completely unknown, I bet most people have seen her movies.

Martin,

Diane Lane is definatey not "obscure". She is a sizable name star in Hollywood and believe me I bet she's seriously rich. I'd love $3 million for a few weeks work!

I think she's probably got the ideal celebrity lifestyle - she earns loadsa money, gets consistent work in Hollywood films with big name co-stars, is respected in the industry, and yet she can still eat in a restaurant without the media photographing every mouthful. Sounds great to me. If I was an actress (which I'm not) I'd want to be like her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks