Is 'Cool World' ever coming to DVD?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Cooper, Apr 13, 2002.

1. Jeff Cooper

Jeff Cooper Screenwriter

I know a lot of people hated this movie, but I loved it, and I think that the combination animation/live photography would just look sweet on DVD. Plus it has a kick-ass soundtrack that I would love to hear in 5.1 surround. This is a Paramount movie right? Is there any news at all on this title coming to DVD?

2. John Torrez

John Torrez Second Unit

3. David Illingworth II

David Illingworth II Second Unit

This would need an incredible DVD, since the movie as it is is pretty incoherent. There must have been an incredible amount cut. Or else everybody was on drugs and just didn't care when they were making it.

4. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

I hope not.

5. Peter McM

Peter McM Supporting Actor

Peter
    I like Ralph Bakshi, and I'm glad Cool World gave him some mainstream exposure, but I would much rather see Wizards and The New Adventures of Mighty Mouse on DVD. I understand the former is due sometime later this year.

6. John P Grosskopf

John P Grosskopf Second Unit

Cool world is a great flick, and arguably one of the director's most under-appreciated.

I think it failed to catch a bigger audience because people expected a Roger Rabbit type experience instead of a more grown-up & groovy psychadelic trip where cartoons represent a great lay.

Every human hot-blooded male would do Jessica Rabbit in a second if they could even though she is nothing but a super-sexy cartoon. Gabriel Byrne actually screws a super sexy cartoon in Cool world. How can you not enjoy that in your animated entertainment?

7. Sean Oneil

Sean Oneil Supporting Actor

I think anything with Brad Pitt will eventually find it's way to DVD these days.
    -Unless Brad tries to block it's release [​IMG]