What's new

Is CBS Paramount Going To Continue With Accelerated TV Show Releases? (1 Viewer)

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
It is a big and welcome suprise to see that CBS Paramount has announced The Streets of San Francisco Season 4 Volume 1 and Volume 2 for release on the same day in late August! This comes less then 2 months after the release of Season 3 Volume 1 and Volume 2 in July. What is going on here? First CBS Paramount has started releasing both Volumes of a Season on the same day-- not 6 months apart like they had been doing. Now they are releasing another season less than 2 mionths apart! They stalled Streets and other series for years and when they did release them they were done at the slow pace of taking over a year just to get a complete season-- in 2 volumes out. I wish CBS Paramount had done this years ago, think how many series would now be completed? What Season would Gunsmoke be on now?. I am glad that CBS Paramount is doing this and hope they continue doing it. I would like to ask Gary or anyone else with information if they knew this was coming and if this is going to be normal for CBS Paramount in terms of upcoming releases. I sure hope so! Thanks for all information and thanks CBS Paramount!
God Bless!
Robert

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I'm pleased it's getting the fast-track treatment though I hope they remembered to remaster it. We haven't had an update to the CBS syndication Bible since January which would let us know if remastering work had begun on S4 of Streets (only S3 was confirmed at the time).

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by MCCLOUD /t/321091/is-cbs-paramount-going-to-continue-with-accelerated-tv-show-releases#post_3931246
I would like to ask Gary or anyone else with information if they knew this was coming and if this is going to be normal for CBS Paramount in terms of upcoming releases.

Yes I knew both volumes were going to be released at the same time and I knew the date they were being released. And yes, you can expect more of the same. Several series are scheduled to get this kind of treatment. I dare not say more.

Gary "the decision to go to '.com' only releases looks, early on, to have helped accelerate some series" O.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
Please please please CBS.... how about some more LOVE BOAT ???? :)

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
I just hope we see the final season of Mork & Mindy sometime in the near future.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Hmm, "several series". Dare I hope for "Love Boat?" With at least four more seasons remastered than have been released on DVD that means they have to have a lot waiting to go!

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
Gary OS said:
     Quote:
Yes I knew both volumes were going to be released at the same time and I knew the date they were being released.  And yes, you can expect more of the same.  Several series are scheduled to get this kind of treatment.  I dare not say more.  :D
Gary "the decision to go to '.com' only releases looks, early on, to have helped accelerate some series" O.
Here's hoping Gunsmoke, Rawhide and Perry Mason are among them and that they stay digitally remastered!
Hasn't CBS/Paramount been raising the retail price of some of these releases though? I still haven't found Perry Mason Season 6, Vol 1 or 2, under $25.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
^ I'm with you on more
23sydcz.jpg
Love Boat...."set a course for adventure...."
peggy said:
So as long as everyone else is speculating I am just going to say I hope it means more "Barnaby Jones". :)
2lw3fwk.jpg
I want more "Barnaby" too.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
There are three CBS/P titles which I'm hoping get the same treatment as The Streets of San Francisco - Barnaby Jones, Early Edition and Hotel. Would most want to see Hotel continued, but it's almost neck and neck between that and Early Edition.

peggy

Stunt Coordinator
Gary OS said:
     Quote:
Yes I knew both volumes were going to be released at the same time and I knew the date they were being released.  And yes, you can expect more of the same.  Several series are scheduled to get this kind of treatment.  I dare not say more.  :D
So as long as everyone else is speculating I am just going to say I hope it means more "Barnaby Jones". :)

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
WaveCrest said:
Would most want to see Hotel continued, but it's almost neck and neck between that and Early Edition.
I'm ready for Early Edition season three too!!!!

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
I agree! The CBS/P title I would most like to be unstalled would be Barnaby Jones. They did such a bang-up job with the first 13 episodes, they left me wanting more.
I don't care how they do it, just do it.
Go CBS!

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Where's Chris Cook, as I've a fairly good idea of which CBS/P he'll be suggesting he'd most like to see continued by CBS/P on DVD?

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Good Paramount times back on the speedy track! :tu: CBS, please take note of the many Barnaby Jones wishes here's another one from me. Remastered or not is no deal breaker to me, but if you're onto that task now we shall be even happier campers. By the way, in their syndication bible it says Seasons 4 and 5 of Streets are in progress and we know S4's coming now so we can assume it's been HD transferred and expect S5 to be so as well.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I'd also love to see more Barnaby Jones, for what it's worth.

Gary "also hoping we can see the final season of Father Dowling by the end of the year" O.

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
TV_Fan said:
I just hope we see the final season of Mork & Mindy sometime in the near future.
It will never happen.
Blame that on Robin Williams singing a line from a Beatles song in one episode ("Hey Jude).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks