What's new

is Cable-TV amplifier required? (1 Viewer)

kumar

Stunt Coordinator
I have a cable pre wired in my house to all the rooms.
The home run gets split into 6 way to different rooms.
By adding a Cable-TV amplifier would I be able to see difference in the cable programming and HD programming?

Do I have to applify the home run or do I have to amplify each of the room?

What do most of the people here with cable prewired do?

Thanks

Robert Fellows

Stunt Coordinator
The use of an amplifier depends on your signal strength. A bad signal in will only be a bad signal out of the amplifier.

If you get an amplifier, put it as close to where the cable enters the house, to amplify all of the lines simultaneously.

kumar

Stunt Coordinator
My signal strength is not bad at all, so If I add an amplifier would I still see a difference? Is it worth spending whatever the $$ is?

Gene Severn

Stunt Coordinator
An amplifier would definately help overcome the loss thru the 6 way splitter. Make sure the amp and splitter have at least 1 GHz. bandwidth. Where my cable comes into my house I have a 2 way splitter. On leg goes to my cable modem. The other leg goes to the amp. The output of the amp goes to an 8 way splitter. My amp is made by Channel-Plus. HDTV looks awesome on my Mist 48" widescreen!!!

kumar

Stunt Coordinator
Gene,
Your posting is encouraging. Could you tell me the model no of the Channel-Plus that you are using. Also, did you see much of improvements in the quality of regular transmission apart from HD and Digital cable transmissions?

kumar

Stunt Coordinator
Do you get to see difference in the SD Transmission?
I do see grains in them... is that normal for a cable tranmission?
Apparently a friend of mine who has Dishnet, their channels (for eg USA) is not bad.... where as the same channel for me in my TV is with grains....

any idea?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks