What's new

Is Bjork - Vespertine still available on DVD-A? (1 Viewer)

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Can anyone comment on the sound quality compared to the CD? I understand it's "24/48" or whatever, which is apparently a lower resolution than the format is capable of...

Then again, I don't yet have a DVD-A player, so perhaps someone could briefly review the DTS/DD tracks (as compared against the CD)?

Also, anybody get their hands on "Volumen II" yet?

(Damn, I'm fulla demands!) :b

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I'd imagine 24/48 is what it was recorded in originally.

I have the DVD-A and I think it sounds friggin great. But I don't have the original CD.

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
I found it at best buy thanks Charles. My copy says it is 24/96, I will let you know tonight how it sounds Rich.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
I have both the CD & the DVD-A. The DVD-A isn't all that impressive. It's good but I expected more from a Bjork release. I guess my expectations were too great.

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
OK despite the sticker on the front of the case stating that it was 24/96 it is 24/48. The disc still sounds great, I don't have the CD to compare. But I do think it was worth my money.

James Zubb

Stunt Coordinator
It is still listed at circuitcity.com. I think the sound quality is pretty close to the CD, kind of disappointing. This disc is all about the 5.1 though, which sounds great.

I forgot about Volumen 2, will have to find it. Tower lists it at $14, but Volumen+ at $25?? Volumen+ is supposed to be just the new videos as a cheaper option for those who already have Volumen right?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks