Is Axiom worth the price difference over Athena?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Dom P, Jan 3, 2004.

1. Dom P

Dom P Stunt Coordinator

How are the ASF2 vs M60ti? I can't really go and audition the axioms anywhere, but I'll trust your opinion on this. I tried to find a comparison thread, but none existed. The bigger question is wheter Axiom is worth the extra money over Athena.

M60ti $800
    QS8 $470
    VP150 $350
    =$1620

ASF2 $600
    AS-R1 $250
    C1 $275
    =$1125

I can basically have the Athena HT and SVS sub for the price of the Axiom HT. If there isn't a HUGE differenc I'd probably go with Athena. I really like the price of the Athenas and I've read every thread concerning them there wasn't really any negative feelings towards them. This system will be used mainly for movies and XBOX games. I'm going to have the H/K AVR325 soon. Will that receiver be enough to power either of the systems? Thanks for the input!

2. James USAF

James USAF Agent

While I can not comment on the Axioms...I have the ASF2, ASB2 (surround), ASB1 (surround back) and ASC1 and love them. They are being powered by a Pioneer Elite 45tx. I do not think they will disappoint you.

3. Oachalon

Oachalon Stunt Coordinator

i would say that it is probably worth the difference. I looked at athena and then i took a chance with axiom and i thought the axioms sounded much better. Listen to your ears.

4. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

Dom; Where did you get the price on the R1s??

According to Athena they wouldn't be in big box stores for a few months.

Athenas also have NO shipping costs, just go pick them up. Does Axiom have free shipping??

5. Chad Viro

Chad Viro Stunt Coordinator

Axiom has free-shipping as well (Only in North America).

6. Dom P

Dom P Stunt Coordinator

brentl,

ww.soundandvisionmag.com/article.asp?section_id=2&article_id=518&page_number=3&preview=

I think I'll give Axioms a try. I might just buy the ones from the outlet to bring the price down 10%.