Is Avia worth it?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott_AH, Sep 28, 2002.

1. Scott_AH

Scott_AH Stunt Coordinator

Is AVIA worth the money even if I have a very low quality surround sound system (worth about $400)?

Scott in Spokane

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Given that Avia is mostly for calibrating your television, absolutely. With your sound system you are really just setting your speakers so the same volume of sound is reaching you from each speaker.

3. Scott_AH

Scott_AH Stunt Coordinator

Thanks! Knowing that helps a bit. I do have an alright TV on the other hand--a 36AF41 Toshiba which I've never thought was set correctly. How in depth does AVIA go? Are all of the calibrations done through the normal user menu or does it go into service menu options as well?

Scott

4. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

It's centered around adjusting user accessible settings, but there are parts that can be used with service menu (overscan adjustment and such). If you go mucking around with your service menu, WRITE DOWN EVERY VALUE FIRST

5. Jim Peavy

Jim Peavy Supporting Actor

I just got Avia about a week ago and, yes, it's worth it. Very in depth and well done.
    Oh, and I'm pretty certain that Deep Discount DVD has the best price. $36.95 or somethin', including shipping.