What's new

Is anyone looking forward to Matrix Revolutions DVD? (1 Viewer)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I'm really debating it. "The Matrix" was (is) one of the most brilliantly conceived films in recent memory; but the sequels really didn't help.. I walked out of Reloaded and turned to my friend and said "Highlander II"

I did see Revolutions in a theater and thought "Highlander III"

There are some original movie ideas so good, and unique that.. they should be left well alone and never given a sequel or means to screw them up. I find the ending to the first film utterly satisfying and allows me, the audience, to think about whatever conclusion I want to think about for the films.

(I will say this, I bought "Reloaded" because some of the effects were spectacular; but I thought the effects in Revolution were terrible, and monotonous. They kept going on and on and didn't show me anything "new" or add anything to the story..)

Andy Patrizio

Stunt Coordinator
I have it. Warner embargo says no posting of reviews until 2 weeks before street. So my review goes live at 12:01 am on Tuesday. :)

I will say this. While the interviews in the extras were done at the same time as Reloaded (Hugo Weaving sitting in front of the numerous Smith dummies, etc), there's a lot more here, including a good look at the CG. The lack of the Wachowskis in any way is inexcusible, but all in all, the extras selection is better than Reloaded.

We know Joel Silver wants to do a box set with a new transfer for the original, so maybe those two will finally speak.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
*I am so gonna buy this one!! I love the writing! "You did it" "No. We did it" Brilliant! Up there with Aaron Sorkin!!

* = denotes extreme sarcasm

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I loved RELOADED and looked forward to REVOLUTIONS. I left the theater both exhilerated and angry. The action scenes were some of the finest I have ever seen on a movie screen. They were exciting and imaginative. What made me angry was that the W. Bros. didn't play fair. I have every confidence that they knew exactly what the answers were to all of the questions they posed in the previous films. However, they sure as hell weren't willing to let the audience in on them unless they were also willing to shell out the cash for the crappy video game, read all of the comics, and watch the Animatrix episodes. Even then, you would have had to extrapolate a lot of things. I'm not saying that the answers should have been spoonfed to us, but they at least should have BEEN THERE! I barely played the video game (cause it sucked) and hadn't read any of the comics. I enjoyed the Animatrix disc. There were moments when I said to myself, "I sure am glad that I saw the Animatrix because otherwise I would have no idea what is going on." In order to be successful as films, the trilogy should be able to stand on its own without supplementary research. It just doesn't do that. I admire the work that went into them and do still enjoy them overall, but I think that the Bros. dropped the ball and in the process lost any chance they had of keeping a successful career in Hollywood.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I saw the two sequels once and have no intention of seeing them again. IMO, the trilogy ended with a whimper, not a bang.

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
I love all 3. I like Reloaded the best. The story was rich and the visuals were awesome. But you also have to consider that Reloaded and Revolutions are 1 movie cut in 2.

Phil Carter

Second Unit
Real Name
Phil
I seem to be in a minority here, but yes, I loved Revolutions (actually, I love all three films for different reasons). Discussions of the movie aside, I plan on picking up Revolutions on release day...hell, I imagine the Sentinel invasion of the dock will justify the cover cost alone. :)

The imagery and effects of Revolutions really impressed me. Looking forward to shaking the foundations of my apartment with them.

cheers,
Phil

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Reloaded was decent, Revolutions was okay, the idea just wasn't implemented that well. I cannot get enough of the soundtracks for the two, though, and that makes me think better of both movies. Don Davis did an absolutely spectacular job on the last two soundtracks (I haven't listened to the first that much yet), it's too bad he was shunned for even an Oscar or Golden Globe nomination for any of them.

John Alderson

Supporting Actor
I'm looking forward to the Revolutions DVD so I can give it a second chance. I'll buy it (gotta complete the trilogy), but was underwhelmed on first viewing. However, I think Reloaded improved GREATLY on repeat viewing, so I'm hopeful Revolutions will as well. Both sequels are definitely flawed (mostly by scenes going on WAY too long, killing momentum), but have great moments.

And it promises to be great demo material :D

Glen C

Stunt Coordinator
i look forward to the DVD and enjoyed the trilogy, even if people who raved about batman forever are ripping into the matrix nowadays ;)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I love all three of them to death and so of course will be buying the Revolutions DVD. I thought the ending was very appropriate and not sugarcoated like most endings are.

On Revolutions' opening weekend, I watched The Matrix on Saturday night, Reloaded on Sunday morning, and was in the theater seat for Revolutions that afternoon, leaving home almost immidately after finishing Reloaded. Therefore, I approximated a trilogy run of them, and it helped me to appriciate Revolutions all the more, noticing all of the refrences to the original. I think they do improve when seen together, especially the sequels.

The Revolutions DVD sounds better than the Reloaded one extras-wise, as well. So yeah, I'm anticipating it.

RobertM.Fleming

Stunt Coordinator
I would be looking forward to it if there was commentary on it that apologized for dropping the ball with a good franchise.

odds on a super matrix trilogy box set? I think its gonna happen.

JamieD

Supporting Actor
Loved all three, more as time passed. Don't really care if others did or not. Can't wait for the DVD.

Phil Carter

Second Unit
Real Name
Phil
Robert Fleming:

Odds are 100% (1 to 1? 1 to 100? I don't speak bookie-ese); the Wachowskis have already admitted there will be a boxset edition of the films. Don't know if they've started planning it yet, though.

cheers,
Phil

Paul-Gunther

Stunt Coordinator
I loved Revolutions, actually, so I'm looking forward to the DVD. It answered all my questions in an intelligent and entertaining way, and stayed true to the mythos the series had created for itself.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim

I think the usual term would be they're "not taking bets" any longer. Alternatively they might offer odds of something like 1 to 5,000, i.e. bet 5,000 and win 1 if the event comes off. This would also be called 5,000 to 1 ON.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen

I'm with Ron. (And Dave...and Jim...)

Watched RELOADED in the theatres...left shaking my head. I recently picked it up (used) to add to my collection. I enjoyed it more the second time around, but that isn't saying much.

I'll rent REVOLUTIONS when it comes out. I'll probably eventually buy a copy (used) as I'm a completist.

MATRIX was an amazing movie. RELOADED was such a letdown. I *hope* I like REVOLUTIONS...but my hopes aren't high.

John Mansor

Stunt Coordinator
It is just amazing how little talk has gone on about this release. It had the potential to be as huge as LOTR or SW but it just didn't produce. A huge let down.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks