What's new

Is Anyone Interested in Full House, Family Matters & Step By Step on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Marco,

I didnt know that... I didnt mean the actual person in life... I just meant the character on the show...

I did know about one girl who died... She was the one who liked Steve Urkel... I forget her name on the show... She was also Theo's Girlfriend (Justine) for awhile on the Cosby Show... She passed away with Malcome Warner (Theo) at her bed side...

DouglasRobert

Second Unit
In order of priority.

1. Perfect Strangers
2. Step By Step
3. Family Matters (Only reason it's down on my list is that it showed how shallow the older sister was when Steven Urkel became "Stephen Urkel" because he used that tranformation machine, she preffered Stephen over Steven even though it was the same person.

4. Full House. NO Way!! One of the worst TV shows ever, where the children could get away with just about anything, and the parent would just talk to them about it. I remember one where the daughter drove the car into the kitchen, basically destroying the car and causing thousands of dollars of damage to the house and all he does is ask are you ok. Never mind about the damage. I don't know about you, but if I would have done something like that growing up, I would have got my a** kicked.

DouglasRobert

Second Unit
quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hated the older daughter... I thought she was just a stuck up ignorant thing...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She died of cancer a few years ago, I believe.

I just looked this up at IMDB and you are slightly wrong.

There are two people who have died that were cast members of Family Matters.

1. Rosetta LeNoire (2002) Who played "Mother" Winslow the grand-mother.

2. Michelle Thomas (1998) Who played Myra Monkhouse, who was a girl who was in love with Steven Urkel. She died of stomach cancer.

The actress who played the oldest daughter is still alive.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Whatever happened to Judy Winslow? She disappeared after like the first or second season and they just pretended like she never existed!

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I would love Perfect Strangers.

I might check out Step by Step and Family Matters.

The way they got rid of Judy is pretty funny IMO, as in they didn't even mention it. :D

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
She suffered Chuck Cunningham syndrome. It leaves you prone to disappearances and has the unusual effect of causing your family members to forget that you exist.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Full House - John Stamos now keeps the show at arm's length, and Bob Saget makes dirty jokes about it in his stand-up act. Lori Loughlin was a babe, though. ;)

Family Matters - started out as a vehicle for Harriet the elevator operator on Perfect Strangers, and turned into the Steve Urkel show. Offensive and obnoxious.

Step by Step - only saw a couple episodes of this, but that was enough to know it was trash.

BTW, the producers of these shows also had a hand in Happy Days, which would explain the connection between Chuck Cunningham and Judy Winslow.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
I see all these from time to time and say "how did I ever watch this?" I guess they are innocent family entertainment, but then again so is Leave It To Beaver and The Andy Griffith Show and those have aged much better in my opinion. Full Hose, Family Matters and Step By Step I guess are more like The Brady Bunch.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Well, Step by Step did have one thing on the Bradies. When they mixed the 2 families in to 1 it took the kids much much longer to sort of get along, whereas on the Brady Bunch all the girls refered to Mike Brady as dad in like what Episode 2? Same for the guys referring to Carol as mom.

Although, I must admit I'd much rather have the Andy Griffith Show to watch.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I'd probably buy a TGIF compilation set with like 5 episodes from each of the above mentioned series just to relive the memories of those seemingly late primetime Friday evenings in my parents bedroom a decade back...

It'd probably hold a lot more value 20 years down the line.

As for proper Season Sets... Give me The Fresh Prince, Perfect Strangers, Get Smart, ALF & Dinosaurs!!!

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Marco, I watched TGIF in much the same way, back in my parents bedroom.

Oh, and I'll also take all 5 of those shows you mentioned on DVD, Alf and Dinosaurs ruled.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Anyone else besides me think that the youngest girl on Step by Step, Al, turned out to be the best looking one?

I remember watching the show in the beginning and thinking that Dana and Karen were the good looking ones, but by the end Al was definitely the cute one.

Christine Lakin a.k.a Al on Step by Step

There's three pics of her at the link. Damn, she still looks good. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks