What's new

Is Anyone Interested in Full House, Family Matters & Step By Step on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
A friend of mine was having a discussion about all stuff TV on DVD and she told me that Full House, Family Matters and Step By Step were some of her favourite shows growing up and asked if they are coming or if anyone would want them. I said I didn't really know. But I thought I'd post this question here and see what everyone said.

Eric_R.

Stunt Coordinator
Well Full House is on all the time on ABC family and Nick at Night. I don't know about DVD's of them but its on all the time.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
I'd take the entire original TGIF lienup. Full House, Family Matters, Step by Step, and Boy Meets World. I know there are others, but those are the ones I want. Anything with the Olsen Twins of course.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Aaah, yes, the devious duo of Miller-Boyett...

I grew up on that crap. Hey, at least the character of "Steve Urkel" from "Family Matters" provided the basis for a running gag in the Silver Age Warner Brothers cartoons.

Anyway, I'll take "Perfect Strangers", please.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I don't want to have to get up in the middle of the night to catch PS.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Another Perfect Strangers vote.

If that's a reference to PS being on Nick-at-Nite late, it's been off their schedule for a while now. There's really very little left on the channel for me, I'm afraid. If, on the other hand, you have a local station playing PS, you're luckier than I. I need it on DVD to watch it at all.

Oh, and the run on Nick-at-Nite was awful. They played a handful of episodes, scattered throughout the show's run. Typically, they would get something like 18 episodes in, go to some later shows, and then reboot. During the reboot, they would add a few more episodes they hadn't played. It was very odd. They did the same thing with Charles in Charge.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Maybe best-of sets of Full House and Family Matters, season sets for Perfect Strangers.

"Balki Bartokomous, a sheepherder from the small Mediterranean Greek-like island of Mypos, travels to the United States in search of his relatives. He finds his cousin, Larry Appleton - who has recently 'escaped' from his large-sized family and is reveling in the unaccustomed luxury of having his own room to himself. They end up sharing accommodation in Larry's apartment - even though the two cousins could not be more dissimilar. For, while Larry is panicky, hyperventilative, business-like and mercenary - Balki is placid, unharried, sunny-natured and idealistic."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090501/

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Chalk this up as another vote for "Perfect Strangers". I haven't seen that show in ages, but I remember how much I loved it. I remember as a pre-teen watching both "Full House" and "Family Matters". I'd be a bit iffy on whether or not I'd get them, but I guess for nostalgia sake, I probably would. Urkel didn't appear on the scene until season 2 of FM, so if it were to be released, I'd be interested to know how the first season sold.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob

Actually, Urkel's first credited appearance was in the fourth episode, Rachel's First Date, on Oct. 13, 1989.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
I watched most of these shows at the time... I remember TGIF very well...

I watched Family Matters, but I remember hating watching it... Steve Urkel annoyed the hell out of me... I hated the older daughter... I thought she was just a stuck up ignorant thing...

Family Matters was a spinoff of Perfect Strangers... Wasnt much of a fan of Perfect Strangers either...

Actually liked Full House and Step by Step much more... Dont hold that against me... I was very young...

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Step by Step: sure
Family Matters: maybe
Full House: no!

as for Perfect Strangers, that's a preorder purchase right there. Long live Mipos!

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Don't forget Mr. Belvedere. That was part of the big ABC Friday night lineup at one point. I don't know if it made it to the point when it was offically TGIF though.

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
I guess I'm in the minority, but I'd definitely be interested in Family Matters DVDs. I used to watch the show a lot when it was originally on and I was pleasantly surprised to find that I still enjoyed it when I recently caught some reruns on ABC Family. However, I'd only be interested in the first few seasons. After that, Urkel became a mad scientist and the show really forgot its original premise.

As for the other shows mentioned here...

- A big :thumbsdown: to Full House. I used to like the show when I was younger, but the reruns on Nick at Nite have opened my eyes as to how much this show sucks.

- No to Step by Step, also.

- No comment on Perfect Strangers, as I've only seen the first episode.

- I'd like to see Boy Meets World on DVD, even though the melodrama in the later seasons was a bit too much for me.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Of course, Jaleel White's Steve Urkel managed to make cameos on the other Miller-Boyett programs as well.

One episode of "Full House" had Jodie Sweetin's character Stephanie getting glasses. They bought in Urkel to boost her confidence.

There was also an episode of "Step By Step" where Urkel crash-lands with his rocket pack into the homestead of the characters played by Patrick Duffy and Suzanne Somers.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I gotta take a shower after I wake up from my morning/early-afternoon sleep, because I just felt so slimy writing that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks