Is anyone having FOX audio drop out problems?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jim Carr, Feb 3, 2002.

1. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Stunt Coordinator

I'm having big problems with FOX today.. audio drops every 10 seconds.. from NYC fox. In philly it's alot better but my signal strength is way higher in NYC.

Anyone hyaving this NYC audio drop problems with FOX?

thanks!

Jim

2. Todd_R

Todd_R Extra

Not sure what feed you are getting, but during the superbowl, the HDTV (DTV really) FOX feed had a TON of audio droppouts. The halftime show included. It really made it difficult to watch.

-Todd

3. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Stunt Coordinator

Hey Todd. The NYC feed was totally unwatchable.. but I pointed to Philly and it was great.

Overall the picture quality and widescreen.. I was very impressed. Didn't expect that from FOX. But NYC feed was having all kinds of problems.

4. Todd_R

Todd_R Extra

Unfortunatley in Cleveland, FOX had a power surge on Sat. & it blew out their Digital board that does the 16x9!! So we got to watch it in horrible 4:3! Yuck. Add that to the audio drop-outs & it was just plain terrible here. I talked to the head engineer at FOX Cleveland & he was so upset about it happening this way. A nice guy who is willing to talk to the viewers is rare. Oh well...we'll see it next year in HDTV I hope.

-Todd