1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Is anyone going to beat the Oklahoma Sooners(College Football)?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Shane Martin, Oct 21, 2001.

1. Chris Wittry

Chris Wittry Stunt Coordinator

I was just talking about this with some others earlier today. I think the line on the game is the Sooners by 4.5 pts, but I don't think I would be willing to bet on it either way. It's going to be a great game. Solich has been having Crouch show his passing side, so now the Sooners defense has to find a way to keep him from either running or passing. The defense for both teams is great, but I think the Sooners have a slight edge (I don't like to admit that!). All I know is it will be a great game and at the end, the winner will most definately be #1! Go Huskers!!!!!! [​IMG]

2. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

The first time they overlook a team. It doesn't matter how good you are, if you aren't there with your A game, you can and will lose. Auburn vs UF, GT vs Clemson, FSU vs UNC, Pitt v South Florida, etc. ESPECIALLY a team like Nebraska. My prediction: the Sooners can beat Nebraska once this year, but not twice.
    As for Eric Crouch's throwing game, I wouldn't be too concerned with Roy Williams playing. The fact that he isn't in Heisman contention is a crime. Tough on the run and the pass, and a franchise NFL prospect.
    My new dark horse pick in the NC race: UGA! Though I still won't root for them the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

3. Scott H

Scott H Supporting Actor

4. Denward

Denward Supporting Actor

I can't believe that UCLA controls its own destiny in the BCS rankings. Please, please, please run the table.
    ------------------

5. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Yep, it does seem like UCLA controls its own destiny. Despite the fact that Miami will be playing Washington and V Tech later, UCLA's next three opponents are 17-2 (Stanford, Washington State & Oregon) and that will offset any gain in strength of schedule that Miami will obtain playing VT and UW.
    The tough part has nothing to do with the BCS. It's taking care of your own business. If the Bruins get caught looking at other peoples' strength of schedule and computer ratings, they'll be walloped by some pretty potent PAC-10 teams. If they take care of their own business, the BCS will take care of them.

6. Chris Wittry

Chris Wittry Stunt Coordinator

Looks like today's game vs. the Huskers answers your question! Way to go Huskers!!!! [​IMG]

7. Scott H

Scott H Supporting Actor

Dec. 1 [​IMG]
    ------------------
    My DVD Library
    Runaway production? No thanks. Where I've filmed, benefiting local economies: AL, CA, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, MN, MO, MT, NV, OH, OR, TX, WA, WY.

8. Tom Rags

Tom Rags Supporting Actor

Let's go Orange!!
    How about my Syracuse team beating unbeaten #4 VT away?! Didn't want to open up a new college football thread, but damn I am pumped. I wonder if their 7 game win streak with wins over VT and Auburn will open up some eyes of pollsters?
    I forget his name, but I am curious what the frequent poster who has the hokie in his signature thinks of the game? Not talking smack, just curious on his opinion of the game...

9. Jeff Rogers

Jeff Rogers Second Unit

"Who's gonna beat them?"
    I'll tell whoe DID beat them about an hour ago. Look and see where I'm from. [​IMG]
    See you at the Big 12 game
    ------------------
    If I could go back in time, I'd meet Snoopy

10. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

hopefully this loss will take off all those stupid OU flags off of peoples car windows.....god I hate those.

11. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

The BCS was really shaken up today. I did not think there was any way that Michigan could still go to the Rose Bowl, but after today's outcomes it is still possible. Of course, Nebraska will need to beat OU again and Miami will still need to lose to Virginia Tech, which I doubt will happen (VT over UM, that is).
    ------------------
    My DVD Collection
    AFI 100 Films to watch: 40 -> 2

12. Darren H

Darren H Second Unit

'Noles win
    Vols win
    Sooners lose
    Hokies lose
    Bruins lose
    All in all, a great day of college football, as far as I'm concerned.
    [Edited last by Darren H on October 27, 2001 at 10:31 PM]

13. JustinT

JustinT Stunt Coordinator

14. John Thomas

John Thomas Cinematographer

DarrenH - I'm in total agreement with you. I was actually going for Florida over Georgia today; I felt dirty. [​IMG]
    Someone said:

15. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

Well they lost but didn't drop very far. Espn has them rated at #3 still.
    Looks likee we get a 2nd crack at Nebraska in the Title game for the Big 12.
    All in all we got lucky since the rest of the teams in the unbeaten lost and Miami still doesn't have the BCS #'s to come close.

16. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

Yep, Tennessee and Georgia Tech are both really happy that we played the Orangemen earlier in the year; here's to hoping you guys run the Big East!
    The problem with Nebraskas win is that if they do face each other twice, the second win is the more important of the two. And its really hard to beat the same team twice in one year.
    GO JACKETS! Beat the Heels!
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

17. Scott Merryfield

18. Tom Rags

Tom Rags Supporting Actor

John T and Matt S-
    Though the Cuse lost to your teams (GT and Tenn) early in the year, those games were vital to our season. Playing really good opponents to start the year (in close games, mind you) has really helped this team gel. The have been on a season long crescendo since then. I truly believe that those 2 losses helped the team and the experience against good opponents was the difference between Va Tech and SU. VT had beaten UCONN, Western Mich, and the Bells of St Marys.
    Great games this year, you guys have awesome teams. I'm looking forward to the matchups on the hardwood we have with your teams this year...hopefully the results will be a little different for my team!
    Go Orange!

19. John Thomas

John Thomas Cinematographer

20. Scott Merryfield

Even though I'm a big fan, I think Michigan's ranking is a little too high as well. The Big Ten is not that strong this year, and UofM lost to their only tough non-conference opponent -- Washington. The offense has struggled at times -- their running game has not been up to normal Michigan standards. Wide receiver Marquis Walker has been the one bright spot on offense -- he will be the next Michigan receiver playing in the NFL. This weekend's game in East Lansing will be very tough.
    That being said, I'm sure Michigan will not turn down a Rose Bowl invitation if the chips fall their way in the BCS.
    [​IMG]
    ------------------
    My DVD Collection
    AFI 100 Films to watch: 40 -> 2