Is anyone familiear w/ Philips DVDQ50AT?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Alex Prosak, Jan 16, 2002.

1. Alex Prosak

Alex Prosak Supporting Actor

I've pretty much narrowed down my choice for a new DVD player to the Panny RP91. However, there is another player that has me a bit interested but I haven't really heard much about it. Does anyone have, or is anyone familiar with, the Philips DVDQ50AT? Any input would be greatly appreciated. TIA

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

I have read very little about the Philips player on this site. It is a strange-looking player. I've seen it at Circuit City a few times and don't like the LCD display at all. In any event, for around $500, get the 'RP91. Most everyone here loves it. Many say it offers the best progressive-scan picture, plus you get DVD-Audio.

3. Craig W

Craig W Second Unit

From what I have seen at another forum site, the Q50 has a lot of bugs in the firmware. It has the Faroudja DCDi, but it is not getting a lot of praise since it appears that Philips is not doing much to fix it.

4. John Kotches

John Kotches Cinematographer

I saw its replacement at CES, which adds Multi-channel SACD (962 is in the model #) and it looked pretty good [​IMG]
    No chroma bug (according to Stacey), Faroudja deinterlacing, and SACD all for a list price of US$549.
    Regards,