What's new

Is anyone familiear w/ Philips DVDQ50AT? (1 Viewer)

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
I've pretty much narrowed down my choice for a new DVD player to the Panny RP91. However, there is another player that has me a bit interested but I haven't really heard much about it. Does anyone have, or is anyone familiar with, the Philips DVDQ50AT? Any input would be greatly appreciated. TIA

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
I have read very little about the Philips player on this site. It is a strange-looking player. I've seen it at Circuit City a few times and don't like the LCD display at all. In any event, for around $500, get the 'RP91. Most everyone here loves it. Many say it offers the best progressive-scan picture, plus you get DVD-Audio.

Craig W

Second Unit
From what I have seen at another forum site, the Q50 has a lot of bugs in the firmware. It has the Faroudja DCDi, but it is not getting a lot of praise since it appears that Philips is not doing much to fix it.

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
I saw its replacement at CES, which adds Multi-channel SACD (962 is in the model #) and it looked pretty good ;)
No chroma bug (according to Stacey), Faroudja deinterlacing, and SACD all for a list price of US$549.
Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks