Is anyone else worried about TWIN PEAKS S2 Packaging?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Christopher_J_F, Aug 13, 2002.

1. Christopher_J_F

Christopher_J_F Stunt Coordinator

First of all I am highly aware that packaging is not nearly as important as getting the rest of the series out.
    That said, has anyone noticed how all of the recent Artisan box type special editions (Rambo Trilogy & Dune (TV) SE) have been in those terrible, cheap looking "book" style cases with the crack down the spine?
    Now I am someone who LOVES special DVD packaging, but these are just lame!
    Keep in mind that WB has released EVERY PBS documentary series until now (Jazz, New York, Baseball, etc.) in nice slipcased sets that all match but are suddenly changing to the new box with the Civil War set. (Arguably the most requested/anticipated one in their catalog.)
    WB is not Artisan, but I say you never know...
    Never underestimate the power of "cost effectiveness".
    I'm hoping they will use the "old" style for TP just because the first season had it, but I'm sure that if they would have come up with the newer style before season one that that’s what they would have used... shudder...

2. Chris Moe

Chris Moe Screenwriter

I'm not in the least bit worried, they could package season two in ziplock bags for all I care.

3. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Cinematographer

Wrapped in plaaaaastic! [​IMG]

4. Brajesh Upadhyay

Brajesh Upadhyay Supporting Actor

Yah, I don't care about the packaging either. I've been having 'Twin Peaks' withdrawals since the 1st boxed-set came out (& I already watched the whole series during its original airing on ABC). When's the 2nd set due? It's been a really long wait.

5. Rich Malloy

Rich Malloy Producer

I'm just off yet another run through all of season one, and am really, really jonesing for season 2 (or part 1 of season 2 or however they intend to release this much, much larger set of episodes). And while packaging certainly isn't my no. 1 priority either, I think some consistency is certainly in order and quite likely IMO. Eventually, these will have to sell from store shelves, and a vastly different quality in the packaging (the one exquisite, but the other cheap and tatty) will likely lose a few sales. My guess is that either they'll go with the same sort of packaging, or convert both season's sets to a cheaper sort of packaging for all future production runs.

But, most importantly, when?

6. Jussi Tarvainen

Jussi Tarvainen Second Unit

Here's my packaging idea...
    wrapped in plastic!
    [​IMG]

7. Jay W

Jay W Supporting Actor

According to this thread, we'll be waiting till some time in 2003 for the release [​IMG].