What's new

Is anyone else watching Primeval on BBCA? (1 Viewer)

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
Just wondering if anyone is watching this.

I like the overall plot of the show although the characters strike me as rather cliche. Still, the actors do a well enough job with it.

My biggest complaint would the effects aren't the greatest. Granted, it is a TV series but still, the animals the encounter a major element of each episode and the weak effects are a bit distracting at times.

-Keith

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I am also watching this. It is hard to watch anything on BBCA with all the distracting pop-up adverts and commercials, but this show has enough for me to suffer through the annoyances.

I like the premise. It will be interesting to see where it takes us. I just wish there were more scenes in Abby's apartment.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

I agree with you about how every character is a stereotype. I hope they all get a little more layers as the show progresses.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell

It's also being shown on BBCA OnDemand without all the annoyances. Plus, I think the OnDemand eps are the full, uncut ones.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Sadly, even thought I have On-demand, I don't think I have BBC On-Demand. I'll check again. Maybe I missed it.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Has this just started for you guys? We've finished series 2 over here!

A guilty pleasure of a show, IMHO. Watched with the right ("imagine if you're 10") mindset, it's a lot of fun.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Yes, we get the BBC shows about a year later on the BBC America channel.

The problem with BBCA is they have to really edit down most shows to fit in 15 to 17 minutes of commercials. :frowning:

I did find out I do get this show on-demand. It turns out I was so used to only looking at the HD On-Demand list that I completely forgot there was a SD On-demand list as well. LOL

Now if I could only get BBCA in HD.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Actually, Primeval is shown here on ITV (the main commercial rival of the BBC), with three sets of ad breaks to fit an hour slot. Whether there are even more ads on BBCA (requiring cuts) is another matter...

Also, Primeval started in Feb 2007, and s3 is due to screen in January '09, so maybe you'll get s1 & s2 back-to-back.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Also, BBCA is on a crappy digital tier in most local cable systems (at least it is for me) which looks awful. Late last year they were advertising an HD channel sometime in 2008, but it hasn't materialized on Comcast yet. A shame, as Torchwood was close to unwatchable off my DVR.

I've watched the first couple episodes, and it is pretty goofy fun for what it is. Again, though, it can be such a pain to watch the station that I'm tempted to hold out for a region A(BC) Blu-ray.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Did catch the episode, really wish DirecTV would add BBC HD to their offerings.

I enjoyed the episode and man Hannah Spearritt looked so hot with the longer hair. Hopefully she will keep it that way.

(Edited because I can't type and sometimes I don't proof read. )

Joe S

Second Unit
Comcast here doesn't have BBC HD either. Interesting to see how the Connor/Abby relationship will develop now.

I liked the new girl, Jess. What happpened to the Jenny Lewis character? I know they mentioned Sarah was killed. It's been
so long I don't remember the previous season finale!

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
FIOS doesn't have BBCA HD either. That was the only downgrade I suffered when I swtiched from COX, which did have it in HD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks