What's new

Is anyone else unable to use their HTPC to view the Bourne Identity? (1 Viewer)

Bob Hill

Stunt Coordinator
Got the Bourne Identity yesterday and was unable to get it to play in my HTPC with a Liteon DVD ROM. The computer doesn't even recognize the disc being present. Was however able to get it to play in my standard player, though it did have some issues with the sound and picture. Well, from there I returned the movie and got another copy this evening with exactly the same results. Was hoping to hear if anyone else was experiencing this problem before I start in on the HTPC. BTW the HTPC is playing every other disc in my 200+ collection without a hitch.

Tom_Bechet

Second Unit
I have just watched BI on my PC and it worked fine. Toshiba SD1506 DVDrom drive (flashed for multiregion) + Powerdvd4.0
No problems at all.

Bob Hill

Stunt Coordinator
I have gone through and checked everything I can think off but I still can't get it to go in the HTPC. I am going to take the disc over to a friends and see if his DVD ROM will recognize it.

Bob Hill

Stunt Coordinator
I have PowerDVD, NVDVD, and Theatertek. The issue is that the DVD ROM doesn't even register that there is a disc in the drive. I just got back from my friends place and the disc worked in two different drives that he has so I'm thinking its this POS Liteon drive.

kevin_asai

Stunt Coordinator
Bob, maybe you might want to flash latest firmware to your Liteon DVD ROM, but do that at your own risk.

Kevin

Bob Hill

Stunt Coordinator
Updated the firmware after the first instance of the drive not reading. I think the drive is just not going to cut it so now I have figure out what the best DVD ROM drive would be. Have any suggestions?

kevin_asai

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I am using Pioneer DVD-ROM now. I forgot the model number but its speed is 16x (DVD) and slot-in type. It doesn't have any problem since I bought it 2 years ago. :)

Kevin

Bob Hill

Stunt Coordinator
I have heard good things about them. I'll probably order one tomorrow to replace the Liteon. Hopefully that will take car of the problem.

Bob

Tom_Bechet

Second Unit
as I sad earlier I have a Toshiba (SD1502). I only have some problems with RCE discs (ie need top put a propper R1 in b4 or tell regionkiller that R1 should be the standard) But that doesn't concern u anyway, only if u want multiregion for some good R2,R4,R3's.
HTH

JohnBe

Auditioning
What model liteon do you have. I have one in my htpc and am getting the disc tomorrow and will play it either tomorrow night or Saturday. Will give you an update once tried. I have played over 700 discs on mine and not one failure yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks