is anyone else having trouble finding bloodsport today in stores?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by todd stone, Oct 1, 2002.

1. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

I went to every conceivable store, best buy, circuit city, target, walmart, coconuts, suncoast etc etc

NOT ONE had the dang movie, but they got elvira!

grrrrrr

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

There has been practically zero luck from anyone finding any catalog title from Warner today, other than Strange Brew.
    A few copies of Thin Man and Firefox leaked out...but not in my town! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

well at least im not alone. any idea as to why this is???

4. David Lambert

Because WB is always slow getting out quantities of catalog titles to the big chains.

Happens every time. Drove me nuts with Victor/Victoria and with My Favorite Year. :p)

5. Chris M

Chris M Second Unit

I found Bloodsport, but not Strange Brew today.. haha.. oh well.

Chris.

6. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Actually, it's more like the big chains are slow on catalog titles. New releases are loaded first onto the trucks

7. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

now when i call bestbuy they said it's a worldwide misprint it comes out next tuesday.............

8. Brett_B

Brett_B Supporting Actor

9. David Lambert

That thing about the BB guys saying "worldwide misprint" was just one guy talking outa the side of his ass. He thinks he's talking to a J6P who bows down to his knowledge, and wants to not look stupid for the title not being there. So he's representing his BB location's in-stock date (whether per the system or by his own math) as the "new street date".

When I managed retail I had employees do this sort of thing all the time. A new videogame release wasn't here on the street date, and one of my guys didn't want the customer shopping the competition for it, or looking dumb for not having it, so it became an "its not my fault - the date you have is wrong" issue. I had to chastise my staff for this type of lying...it never serves you well. Your customers find out the truth sooner or later.

10. MikeEckman

MikeEckman Screenwriter

Personally, I preorder almost all catalog releases and only shop the B&Ms for major recent releases, or A-list catalog titles. That shopping pattern has worked well for me, cause the online e-tailers always get me the hard to find catalog things on the day of release and typically have a better price, but the B&Ms usually have a better price on recent or A-list catalog titles and always have a bunch in stock.

11. ashley c

ashley c Stunt Coordinator

We have no shortage of Bloodsport here in Canada, what we need is "IT"!!

12. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

w00t, got my copy last night at bestbuy of all places. It wasn't even on the new release wall, it was stuffed between the b'S on the old movie shelf. Grrrrrrrrr