Is anyone else having (or had) this problem with Madden NLF 2K2 on GC???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeremy M, Dec 10, 2001.

1. Jeremy M

Jeremy M Agent

Whenever my QB drops back to pass, all it does is pump fake and won't pass the damned ball. I am not hitting the C-stick or any other buttons, all I do is hit A to snap the ball, pull back on the control stick to drop back and when I hit any of the buttons that SHOULD pass the ball to that designated receiver, the QB just pump fakes until he's sacked. I don't know if its the game, the controller, or what. Driving me nuts. I just got the GC and game today!

Thanks, in advance, for any helpful info provided.

Jeremy M

2. RobP

RobP Stunt Coordinator

Read the manual! Anyway hit 'A' to hike the ball then HIT 'A' AGAIN to bring up your recievers, then pass to which ever one you like.

3. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

It took me awhile to figure that out. These instruction books are poorly written (though Madden isn't as bas as All Star Baseball).

I bought Madden last night and love it (I'll probably give Rogue Leader a rest for awhile).

I started a season as the Seahawks and have already lost my first game to the Browns, 38-7 (WOW, just like in real life) I threw 3 Inteceptions and was sacked 7 times, but I also completed a 56 yard touchdown pass.

I wish EA would release NCAA Football as a GC title since the only football I like is (UW) Husky football. I stopped watching the NFL about the time that Steve Largent retired (which was the last NFL game I attended).

I can't wait for Xmas week. I'll have 9 straight days off to play football, baseball, and Star Wars (I've already exhausted the fun out of Luigi).

4. LarryDavenport

After losing 24-21 in OT against the Chiefs in game 2, the Seahawks (lead by me) lost to the Raiders 38-0. I am now 0-3 on the season. Is it me, or do the Seahawks totally suck?

I did notice that if I swap Dilfer for Hasselback that me completion percentage improved.

Something that is really bugging me is that I can't seem to save points up to buy Madden cards. I play a couple games, I get close to 100 points to buy a pack of cards, but it's too late to play another game, so I do a save and turn off the machine.

The next day, my season is still saved, but my profile is gone and I have no points to buy cards.

What am I doing wrong?

BTW, I love this game. I haven't owned a football game since Madden 95 for the Sega Genesis.

5. Bergan Peters

Bergan Peters Stunt Coordinator

You must make sure that you are saving your personal profile as well.

6. LarryDavenport

Thanks Bergan, I guess I'll have to reread the manual. Maybe I should just wipe this season and start over. I picked the Seahawks because I live in Seattle, but since I want to win I probably should pick another team for my first season.

Any suggestions? (I have to confess I haven't followed profootball since Steve Largent retires. I have been concentrating on the Mariners and Huskies).