1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Is anyone else getting . . . weepy???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Randy Tennison, Jun 7, 2002.

1. Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison Screenwriter

Randy
    It takes a real man to show his emotions, or so I've been told. But recently I was talking with my best friend, and we both admitted that we are getting teary eyed and weepy a lot more easily lately.

I thought it was just me, after 9/11 and a personal family incident, but I found out that he, too, is getting "verklempt" more lately. Maybe I'm just sensitive.

Is anyone else noticing this in themselves? Here's a test:

Think about the scene in Forest Gump where Forest discovers he has a son, and asks if he is smart? (that get's me going each time).

Think about the young boy having to shoot Old Yeller at the end of the movie.

Think about Jennifer Lopez splitting up with her husband (Poor J-Lo).

One of the the three should do it.

2. Larry Seno Jr.

Larry Seno Jr. Supporting Actor

This could just be white guilt, but in ANY NFL films where a black guy cries I'm VERY close to losing it. There is a Raider who played in the 80 super bowl when the Raiders won and he somehow has become parapalegic or more likely is just in the advanced stages of CP. Anyway, there is an NFL films about his story and it's the only NFL Films that has actually drawn tears out of me. The dichotomy between his grace as a player and his current situation as a handicapped adult is just a heart breaker, especially when they show him talking and he gets choked up.

The other thing that makes me lose it is the scene in Field of Dreams where Kevin Costner and Ray Liotta play catch. TOTAL tear jerker from me.

And NONE of it has to do with 9/11 for me.

3. Rob Speicher

Rob Speicher Supporting Actor

None of the three did it. But then again, I'm heartless.

4. Aaron Copeland

Aaron Copeland Second Unit

Aaron

5. John Thomas

John Thomas Cinematographer

6. TheoGB

TheoGB Screenwriter

Until about 20 I wasn't easily drawn to tears but these days I am. None of the above statements do it for me but to give a ridiculous example of how easily I can break down:
    I always cry in the end bit of Simpsons Season 2 ep: Bart's Dog Gets an F!!

7. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter
    Simon Birch...simply makes me a blubbering mess!

Radio Flyer got me too!

8. Julie K

Julie K Screenwriter

John,
    [​IMG]

9. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

Randy, any change in your behavior could be a sign of depression. Yeah, it sucks, but if you put it off and not see a doctor, you may actually begin to think that it is going away, but it really isn't.

Glenn

10. John Thomas

John Thomas Cinematographer

Julie,
    :p)

11. Jed M

Jed M Cinematographer

"My Dog Skip" is brutally sad at the end... Besides that I've been holding up pretty solid lately. The end of "The Champ" and "Beaches" used to always get me but I haven't seen those in years and years.
    And I agree, the scene in Old Yeller is bad. That and Bambi traumatized my childhood[​IMG]

12. Bill Catherall

Bill Catherall Screenwriter

None of the above examples do it for me. But Moulin Rouge and AI get me choked up before I even hit Play. :b

13. Christopher P

Christopher P Supporting Actor

I would agree with Glenn....I put off seeing a doctor for years, finally did, got put on medication, and have felt great ever since. My depression was more serious (thoughts of worthlessness, suicide...) than you may be experiencing, but if it's something that could be addressed, it probably should.
    I found it a little puzzling that so many people across the country were faced with depression because of 9/11. Maybe it's me, I am as far away from NY/DC as you can get, and didn't know anyone killed or even in the area, but I didn't feel saddened by it very much. Of course, there was the initial shock, some denial...things most of us likely felt, But I didn't get too emotionally involved. Maybe it's due to my daily medicine that I take anyway, or maybe I am somewhat heartless too.
    When Timothy Hutton and Donald Sutherland hug at the end of Ordinary People I cry like a baby. Hearing that music (Pachebel's Canon in D) always makes me think of that scene, and sometimes forces me to compose myself.
    Chris