What's new

Is anyone else getting . . . weepy??? (1 Viewer)

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
It takes a real man to show his emotions, or so I've been told. But recently I was talking with my best friend, and we both admitted that we are getting teary eyed and weepy a lot more easily lately.

I thought it was just me, after 9/11 and a personal family incident, but I found out that he, too, is getting "verklempt" more lately. Maybe I'm just sensitive.

Is anyone else noticing this in themselves? Here's a test:

Think about the scene in Forest Gump where Forest discovers he has a son, and asks if he is smart? (that get's me going each time).

Think about the young boy having to shoot Old Yeller at the end of the movie.

Think about Jennifer Lopez splitting up with her husband (Poor J-Lo).

One of the the three should do it.

Larry Seno Jr.

Supporting Actor
This could just be white guilt, but in ANY NFL films where a black guy cries I'm VERY close to losing it. There is a Raider who played in the 80 super bowl when the Raiders won and he somehow has become parapalegic or more likely is just in the advanced stages of CP. Anyway, there is an NFL films about his story and it's the only NFL Films that has actually drawn tears out of me. The dichotomy between his grace as a player and his current situation as a handicapped adult is just a heart breaker, especially when they show him talking and he gets choked up.

The other thing that makes me lose it is the scene in Field of Dreams where Kevin Costner and Ray Liotta play catch. TOTAL tear jerker from me.

And NONE of it has to do with 9/11 for me.

Aaron Copeland

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
The other thing that makes me lose it is the scene in Field of Dreams where Kevin Costner and Ray Liotta play catch. TOTAL tear jerker from me.
That one does it for me too. The whole getting a 2nd chance with his father thing really gets to me. I love that movie.

Aaron

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Until about 20 I wasn't easily drawn to tears but these days I am. None of the above statements do it for me but to give a ridiculous example of how easily I can break down:
I always cry in the end bit of Simpsons Season 2 ep: Bart's Dog Gets an F!!

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Randy, any change in your behavior could be a sign of depression. Yeah, it sucks, but if you put it off and not see a doctor, you may actually begin to think that it is going away, but it really isn't.

Glenn

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
"My Dog Skip" is brutally sad at the end... Besides that I've been holding up pretty solid lately. The end of "The Champ" and "Beaches" used to always get me but I haven't seen those in years and years.
And I agree, the scene in Old Yeller is bad. That and Bambi traumatized my childhood:)

Christopher P

Supporting Actor
I would agree with Glenn....I put off seeing a doctor for years, finally did, got put on medication, and have felt great ever since. My depression was more serious (thoughts of worthlessness, suicide...) than you may be experiencing, but if it's something that could be addressed, it probably should.
I found it a little puzzling that so many people across the country were faced with depression because of 9/11. Maybe it's me, I am as far away from NY/DC as you can get, and didn't know anyone killed or even in the area, but I didn't feel saddened by it very much. Of course, there was the initial shock, some denial...things most of us likely felt, But I didn't get too emotionally involved. Maybe it's due to my daily medicine that I take anyway, or maybe I am somewhat heartless too.
When Timothy Hutton and Donald Sutherland hug at the end of Ordinary People I cry like a baby. Hearing that music (Pachebel's Canon in D) always makes me think of that scene, and sometimes forces me to compose myself.
Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks