What's new

is any one plan on buying early edition? its comes out this tuesday. (1 Viewer)

heathjack

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Heath
is any one plan on buying early edition season 1 ? it comesout june 24 that this tuesday. its just 30 doallors. walmart, dvd deep discount all had it for 30 doallors even amazon has it for 30 doallors. I'm going to buy it.

LCD22

Screenwriter

Pete, I highly recommend it. I don't recommend television series very often, but when I do it's with a lot of passion. This is one of the finest dramas on television, and it crosses all demographics too.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
yeah... I have heard a lot of good things about it. So it is one I definitely want to check out. Just not too sure how soon I can.

I am falling so far behind on a lot of the series I collect... so many shows... so little time (and money!)

LCD22

Screenwriter

I can relate. There's at least one series I've been meaning to finish which is Supernatural: The Complete First Season. It was mostly a blind buy. I haven't had time to watch Discs 4-6 (or the Best Buy bonus disc), and this was released almost two years ago. The Complete Second Season is saved in my Netflix Queue, so who knows when I'll be done with the first season I purchased on release day. I finished Newhart: The Complete First Season that I rented through Netflix the other day, but have I opened to watch Jericho: The Second Season, Corner Gas: Season Two (for the extras), the countless other TV-on-DVD I haven't finished or taken out of their boxes, and probably Burn Notice: Season One which is also coming by mail next week? No.

Also, I'm running out of room. I have DVDs in boxes from a move two years ago, one shelf that is full and has a Crimson Tide Blu-ray resting on the top (and every time I see it, I want to put it somewhere but there's no where to put it for the time being). I'm planning on getting another shelf to put near my wall-mounted HDTV.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Deep Discount's 20% off sale has been extended until 6/29 so you will be able to order Early Edition Tuesday and still get an additional 20% off whatever Deep Discount is selling it for on Tuesday.

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
My fiance loves this show, so it'll be a birthday present for her in August. I've only seen one episode, but it does look like fun.

Sammy-G

Stunt Coordinator
This was the first more or less "grown up" show I ever watched regularly. It shipped out from Amazon yesterday, so I'll probably get it tomorrow, and I plan to dig in right away. I hope it holds up to my precious memories of it... :)

Bonedwarf

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve
I got it a day early...

*rimshot*

Don't plan on buying it, but it was a great idea for a TV show. Fisher Stevens is just awesome in it. (But then he's awesome in everything he does.)

russkelp

Auditioning
Real Name
Russ Kelp
This is one of my most anticipated shows ever, along with ALF.

Unfortunately, as with ALF, I have no interest in edited shows, and something that is thrown out in the hopes of making a quick buck.

This seems like it is the version that aired on PAX, which I already have on homemade DVD's, so there is nothing new to see.

Put out the unedited show, in it's original form and not the edited 4:3 version and then I will buy it.

WhitneyG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Whitney
The show is from 1996, so unless you have a source saying that it was produced in a different aspect ratio, I am going to assume that is the correct format as was standard at the time. So far I haven't seen any edits and have not read about any. In fact, I've even noticed they've kept songs that play in the background. Do you have anything to back up your claim that it IS edited seeing as you don't even have it?

LCD22

Screenwriter
CBS (which was the first network to broadcast in high definition) also broadcasted the final season in HD, so you might be seeing the fourth season in anamorphic. However, the first three (at least to my knowledge) are supposed to be 4:3.

LCD22

Screenwriter

I haven't seen anything on the internet either about possible edits, and the music is fully intact. The only thing edited is the Columbia/TriStar at the end of the end credits. Why CBS remove them and why the disclaimer "some episodes may be edited from their original network versions", you'll have to take that up with the studio.

We're going to have problems with the original network ending to "Hot Time in the Old Town" in the second season, and the original Chambers Brothers' "Time Has Come Today" fourth season theme/opening credit in the future though. Neither was secured for syndication due to rights issues. In the case of "Time Has Come Today", it was too cost prohibitive to clear.

Of course, I'm going with the assumption that CBS/Paramount will keep the remaining seasons (like the first) completely unedited (besides the possible "syndicated" alternations for the above).

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
In the case of the Fourth Season they will probably replace it with the theme used in the first three Seasons, simular to what Universal has done with their releases of Emergency! (I cannot figure out why they replaced the origional theme with the one from the Final Season, but IMO it's not that big of a deal!):laugh:

LCD22

Screenwriter

If CBS decides to replace the "Time Has Come Today" theme/opening credits for the fourth season, it would be the syndicated opening credits with W.G. Snuffy Walden's Emmy-nominated theme.

It wasn't until the third episode of the fourth season, "Take Me Out to the Ballgame", that they changed to the Chambers Brothers' theme. The reason is it was felt at the time that the theme song needed a change.

As for "Hot Time in the Old Town", they shot two endings; so the alternate one shown in syndication would be used if CBS replaces it. The original CBS ending was a tribute to "The Twilight Zone".

WhitneyG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Whitney
The "Time Has Come Today" theme song and the Twilight Zone tribute ending to Hot Time in the Old Town are my major concerns for the remaining sets as well. The revised theme will largely depend on costs associated with it, so there's not much we can do about it. If sales are good, I suspect Paramount will continue to give this series high priority for clearing music, but that's no guarantee considering it didn't even make it to syndication (an extremely rare occurrence in itself).

The Rod Serling ending, on the other hand, shouldn't be a problem. CBS/Paramount own the Twilight Zone, right? That means it shouldn't be a hassle to include it. In fact, I really hope they include both endings for that episode. Ideally, they could do seamless branch and let the user pick which ending to watch with the episode (Twilight Zone, FTW), but I'd be just fine with including one as a bonus feature accessed separately. The only problem I foresee is making sure they think to include it. Any good addresses we could write to let them know both endings are important to us?

LCD22

Screenwriter
I just recently sent a letter to the studio (though not about "Early Edition" yet), so I have it right here:

CBS/Paramount Home Entertainment
5555 Melrose Avenue
Hollywood, CA 90038

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks