Is an SVS still going to be given away?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Burke, Nov 9, 2001.

1. Scott Burke

Scott Burke Second Unit

Scott B.
    I posted a message a while back about being a poor college kid, and how I would be pleased to have someone give me an SVS Subwoofer.
    I belive one of the guys from SVS said that they were doing some negotiations with HTF to give one away. Is this still happening? I am still a poor college kid, and I would still love to get my hands on one or two of these bad boys! [​IMG]
    Anyone know?
    ------------------
    My DVD Collection

2. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

We just sent a special model to the HTF dinner winner.
    What would make a good giveaway as a general forum offering though? maybe two smaller units(1 31pc and one 31cs) for two winners rather than a single large sub(46pc or cs-u)?
    we can roll...
    TV

3. Doug_B

Doug_B Screenwriter

Even though I'm planning on a CS Ultra, I think it would be better to let two people win smaller units than one win a larger one.
    Doug
    ------------------
    "Today is a good day to die." ...Old Lodge Skins

4. Vietor

Vietor Stunt Coordinator

2 Smaller units would be good for a number of reasons, 2 winners, 2x as good a chance to win.
    CS 20-31's would be perfect, its the most all around useful line, its not powered so it doesn't cost SVS as much, it can be powered by any mediocre amp. And best of all, once you have the one, your damn well gonna want to buy the 20-31 + Sampson700 combo, and put that free sub you got to good use!
    If/when it happens, the winners ought to be allowed to cash in toward a CS-Ultra if they want. . .

5. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    i'm a poor college kid who saved up $600 to buy a 25-31PC b-stock. [​IMG]
    i cant be happier and my (next door [​IMG]) RA cant be any more frustrated with the wall vibrations! [​IMG]
    ------------------
    -Thomas
    My HT

6. Kevin Peak

Kevin Peak Agent

Kev
    I am always a fan of giving away stuff... Besides, occassional prizes bolster users into real patrons of the site! I vote for giving away two smaller subs as opposed to an ultra (even though i am dying to get my hands on an ultra... I don't know what i'd do with it if i got it, it'd be like a dork on a date with a supermodel! hehe).
    The more winners, the more joy... tis the season!
    ------------------
    Thanks,
    kevp

7. Chad Isaacs

Chad Isaacs Supporting Actor

Well,lets just skip the contest and give them to me [​IMG]I am sure my current 25-31cs would love a partner in destruction
    ------------------
    Chad's DVDs

8. Takosan

Takosan Stunt Coordinator

Yummy ;-)
    Takosan

9. Martice

Martice Screenwriter

Why not treat this like the Lotto? Ten dollars an entry and we play once a month or once every two months. As soon as the collected money reaches half the cost of the SV subwoofer the lotto is closed and a drawing is done.
    If you win once, you can't enter again. We pay half the price in lotto entries and SVS picks up the rest including shipping. A 1646cs this month and a 2039cs the next month.
    Any tweekers to this idea please respond.
    This will not only make it more interesting to win one but it also makes it easier to win one of these due to the fact that SVS doesn't have to foot the total bill and we can play more often.
    ------------------
    What if it gets no better than this!?!
    [Edited last by Martice on November 10, 2001 at 07:49 AM]

10. Martice

Martice Screenwriter

After thinking on this a little more I would like to add that with each $10.00 lotto entry, SVS would give a secret number to each participatant and keep a record of who the number belongs to. After the last entry is taken, the collection of numbers are then given to HTF without the names mind you and HTF would then perform the number drawings and announce the number picked. SVS would then reveal the name of the person who won the prize.
    Also, ticket amount should be 10% of the price of the item which at half price of the item would leave room for only 20 - 35 participants a contest. For example, $700.00 price of the sub. Half the 700.00 price and you get $350.00 at 10% means that 35 entries at $10.00 a ticket. SVS gets to give away whatever sub of the month it wants using this method without having to foot the entire bill and for the price of $10.00 you have a 1 in 35 chance to win this prize.
    Any tweekers to this suggestion? All are welcomed.
    ------------------

11. Jah-Wren Ryel

Jah-Wren Ryel Stunt Coordinator

Martice, the problem with what you are proposing is that it is most likely illegal in the US as gambling is strictly regulated here.

12. Martice

Martice Screenwriter

You know I didn't look at that way. Thanks.
    ------------------

13. Denward

Denward Supporting Actor

That's right. Ever notice all these contests (McDonald's, Publisher's Clearinghouse (PCH), etc.) where they try to persuade you to buy something to enter a contest, but then they say, "No purchase required". If you read the fine print, it says you can get game pieces by mailing in a written request. If you require a purchase, it's a lottery (i.e. gambling). If the entries are free, then it's no problem. I think it was PCH or Ed McMahon's outfit that got in trouble a few years ago because they were throwing away entries that didn't order magazines.
    ------------------

14. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

We've decided to give away our top powered sub, a 16-46PC, in honor of the upcomming reveiw of the same in the next issue of The Sensible Sound by Howard Ferstler.
    We have some work to do on shifting some promo subs around and need to put together some sort of "names in a hat" method. Should be next month sometime. Just in time for Christmas for someone!
    Stay tuned while we confir with the powers that be here at the forum on the easiest way to do it this time.
    Ron

15. Geoff L

Geoff L Screenwriter

Ron, Tom, and all who make SVS,
    Everything about SVS allways has/is first class, top shelf, front row.....
    And now, ~{again}~, you never cess to amaze! Certainly hope to buy/win an SVS, *Kings* of the Dollar Deep HZ/DB....
    Regards
    Geoff

16. Kevin Peak

Kevin Peak Agent

Kev
    Yes! Supreme kudos to SVS for being the kickass company that they are!
    Thanks Ron and Tom!
    ------------------
    Thanks,
    kevp

17. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

Geoff, Kevin,
    OK... your entries are in!
    Just kidding, we'll start a fresh post when we work out some simple rules and clear then with Ron and Parker.
    Your positive support, and that from many others, is what keeps us going, darn near 24/7 to cover the wide world of HT/music bass.
    Ron

18. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

Jack ... a little bit of ass kissing never hurts [​IMG]
    Brent L
    ------------------
    OK guys ..... The tour of the Paradigm
    plant is now being planned. GO TO THE HOME THEaTER
    MEETS PAGE and register.