What's new

Is Almost Famous worth buying? (1 Viewer)

Patrick_J

Agent
It's my belief that the following people would enjoy Almost Famous:

1. Die Hard Music Fans: If you've missed rent payments because they landed on a Tuesday, you would enjoy this movie.

2. Classic Rock Music Lovers: Because this is CC's love song to music, and he was music journalist during the 70's, the soundtrack is full of songs you'll love.

3. Cameron Crowe Fans: If you watch Jerry Maguire, Singles or even Fast Times repeatedly this will certainly become one of your new favorites.

*** For the true Almost Famous fans out there I did a special Tiny Dancer remix which I can provide you with an web address for if you email me. Lots of clips from AF mixed in with the song. I think its pretty special. ***

Having owned both the regular version and the now the Bootleg cut (thanks to santa) I would recommend anyone fitting the criteria above pay the extra for the newest version. Although I was disappointed that the directors cut didn't come in DTS, like the theatrical cut disc did.

Hope this helps.

-pjc

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
The additional minutes to the film really added more details to the plot. I really enjoyed this expanded version. It is also nice to be able to get the commentary on closed captioning so I could watch the movie and enjoy the commentary at the same time.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
If you love Zeppelin and 70's era rock, you'll soil yourself watching this movie. Highly recommended!

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Well, I decided to to spend the money and buy the Bootleg edition; I just finished watching it. I think the extra footage does fill out the movie better in terms of greater or better reinforcement of some of the characters. However, at the same time, I do think it may have slowed the movie up just a little, if that makes sense.

Ken Stuart

Second Unit
I find this film to be the only accurate depiction of the 1970's in either movies or television.

====

Concerning the Director's Cut:

The Theatrical Cut removed certain activities by the characters, that are an intrinsic part of the lifestyle of those characters. The result added a somewhat odd and stilted aspect to the otherwise excellent film.

The Director's Cut restores those activities and the result is that the characters seem more natural and realistic, as does the film as a whole.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks