1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Is Adires Kit LCC 4 or 8 ohm?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ClarkZ, May 22, 2002.

1. ClarkZ

ClarkZ Agent

As the title say --- I was just wondering. What got me wondering is that the Kit 281 appears to be 4 ohm (or did I mis-read?)

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

4 ohms. The use of two 8" woofers guarentees such a low impedance load.

3. Bill Catherall

Bill Catherall Screenwriter

From Adire's Kit LCC page:

4. DanWiggins

DanWiggins Second Unit

Bill,

It's nominally a 6 Ohm load; the minimum is 4 Ohms, the maximum between 200 Hz and 10 kHz is 8 Ohms (higher outside that range).

Dan Wiggins
    Adire Audio

5. Bill Catherall

Bill Catherall Screenwriter

Sorry, what I meant was, when speakers (in general) are rated as 4 ohm (for example) they usually aren't always 4 ohms across all frequencies. Right? So is that 4 ohms a minimum, maximum, or nominal value.
    Or in other words...since the impedance for the LCC varies across the frequency spectrum, what is the "rated" impedance? Would we say it's a 4 ohm speaker, a 6 ohm speaker, or an 8 ohm speaker? Or is the answer a simple "yes." [​IMG]

6. ClarkZ

ClarkZ Agent

I am leaning towards getting a Denon 3802. Would the Denon be able to drive the LCC? How would it handle the KIT281?

7. eric

eric Agent

i was thinking the same thing. denon 3802 to a pair of kit 281's (custom with a shiva and hs200 amp each) along with a kit 281 center (or llc) and dual kit 81's per surround. 4 ohm nominal all the way around, complemented by a vishnu for the lows (to dan -- btw, what happened to the "early adopters club"? [​IMG] )
    oh yeah, and YES they do handle it, but i havent been able to get a power rating for them at 4 ohm yet.
    eric