Is Adelphia Digital Cable Any Good? (Cleveland Area)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chuck C, Dec 26, 2001.

1. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

My dad is thinking of getting adelphia digital cable boxes throughout the house. I told him to hold off so I could do my homework here at HTF and AVS. Does anyone know how Cleveland's digital cable compares to a dish, picture-wise and price-wise?

Assume we're equipped w/ S-video and 5.1 only. Big fan of PPV too.

thanks

2. Brian W. Ralston

Brian W. Ralston Supporting Actor

Brian W. Ralston
    I had Adelphia for a while and was very displeased with the quality of the presentation. (of course I am in California...but it is the same company) I switched to Dish Network and have been very happy. check out www.dbsforums.com for a lot of sat info, but I have been very disappointed with digital cable for a while and finally gave up. Once you go to Sat, you will never go back.
    Besides, you could get him a stand alone TiVo unit for Dish or a DirectTV TiVo/Sat combination unit and have TV programming and function that is top notch.
    I would stay away from Adelphia. They compress the hell out of their signal to offer more channels, but their quality is horrible. A lot of pixalations I found.
    (oh BTW, I used S-Video for my video connection and there was no improvement because the root signal was just bad)
    I still use Adephia for cable internet access, but not for TV service.
    Hope this helps! [​IMG]

3. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

thanks