1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Is Adelphia Digital Cable Any Good? (Cleveland Area)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chuck C, Dec 26, 2001.

1. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

My dad is thinking of getting adelphia digital cable boxes throughout the house. I told him to hold off so I could do my homework here at HTF and AVS. Does anyone know how Cleveland's digital cable compares to a dish, picture-wise and price-wise?

Assume we're equipped w/ S-video and 5.1 only. Big fan of PPV too.

thanks

2. Brian W. Ralston

Brian W. Ralston Supporting Actor

Brian W. Ralston
    I had Adelphia for a while and was very displeased with the quality of the presentation. (of course I am in California...but it is the same company) I switched to Dish Network and have been very happy. check out www.dbsforums.com for a lot of sat info, but I have been very disappointed with digital cable for a while and finally gave up. Once you go to Sat, you will never go back.
    Besides, you could get him a stand alone TiVo unit for Dish or a DirectTV TiVo/Sat combination unit and have TV programming and function that is top notch.
    I would stay away from Adelphia. They compress the hell out of their signal to offer more channels, but their quality is horrible. A lot of pixalations I found.
    (oh BTW, I used S-Video for my video connection and there was no improvement because the root signal was just bad)
    I still use Adephia for cable internet access, but not for TV service.
    Hope this helps! [​IMG]

3. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

thanks