Is a non-flipper of A Time To Kill gonna be released?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by StephenA, Jun 16, 2004.

1. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

I like this movie and would like a non-flipper of it. Has one been announced or anything?

2. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

I like this movie and would like a non-flipper of it. Has one been announced or anything?

3. Jeannette Walsh

Jeannette Walsh Stunt Coordinator

Ah ... A Time To Kill! or as I call it "my one and only flipper". I suspect WB will get around to sorting this disc out eventually, hopefully with one of their 2 disc SE's but it might be a long wait. I'll be there when the day comes though.

4. PatrikB

PatrikB Extra

In the meantime its available as a non flipper in Japan, I think japan is the only region where this movie is not a flipper. It might be OOP but its worth looking for because both picture and sound are very good.

5. Malcolm Cleugh

Malcolm Cleugh Second Unit

This is still a flipper in the UK R2 along with The Pelican Brief which I am also holding out on.

Even with Warner's recent switch to red tag amray cases rather than snappers they just repackaged it. The sleeve still says 2 sided disk.

I wish Warner and also Disney would reissue their old flippers on dual layers disks.

6. DeanWG

DeanWG Stunt Coordinator

A Time To Kill, The Pelican Brief and Sleepers are my voted re-dos so I can stop flipping!

7. Todd Stout

Todd Stout Screenwriter

I just finally watched my DVD of this a few months ago and was surprised by the fact that it was a flipper. Sometimes one forgets that such DVDs even existed at one time.

Anyway... bring on the 2-disc SE!

And while you're at it... how about a non-flipper version of The Green Berets as well?

8. Jon B NY

Jon B NY Stunt Coordinator

All flippers need to be eliminated and reissued!!!! Infiltrate, destroy, rebuild!

Alright, anyway, while I love this film...ever read the book? It was the first book to really make John Grisham a somewhat popular author. And as much as I love Keifer Sutherland's evil red-neck brother character, the book just rocks! Read it.

This film would be worth owning if the reissue had a good interview (or maybe even commentary?!!!) with Grisham himself about how important this book must be to him.

9. Bill Thomann

Bill Thomann Supporting Actor

Okay, Paramount is releasing a SE of The Rainmaker. Now, how about Warner releasing Pelican Brief & a Time To Kill SEs. After 10 years I don't think these would be double dips a single person would complain about. Anything'd be better than single layer featureless flippers in snappers. How about a little John Grisham love?

10. Nick Chavez Beverly Hills

Nick Chavez Beverly Hills Stunt Coordinator

Indeed, very good inquiry....and I have other Warner flippers in the collection which need remastering to a one-disc solution, like Sleepers; what is up with Warner and leaving these titles to flipper status? Films like JFK, running three and a half hours, can get one-disc deluxe treatment (with extras on the second platter, of course) while there are still flipper products out there like Sleepers and Time to Kill?