Is a non-flipper of A Time To Kill gonna be released?

Jeannette Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
Ah ... A Time To Kill! or as I call it "my one and only flipper". I suspect WB will get around to sorting this disc out eventually, hopefully with one of their 2 disc SE's but it might be a long wait. I'll be there when the day comes though.

PatrikB

Grip
In the meantime its available as a non flipper in Japan, I think japan is the only region where this movie is not a flipper. It might be OOP but its worth looking for because both picture and sound are very good.

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
This is still a flipper in the UK R2 along with The Pelican Brief which I am also holding out on.

Even with Warner's recent switch to red tag amray cases rather than snappers they just repackaged it. The sleeve still says 2 sided disk.

I wish Warner and also Disney would reissue their old flippers on dual layers disks.

DeanWG

Stunt Coordinator
A Time To Kill, The Pelican Brief and Sleepers are my voted re-dos so I can stop flipping!

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I just finally watched my DVD of this a few months ago and was surprised by the fact that it was a flipper. Sometimes one forgets that such DVDs even existed at one time.

Anyway... bring on the 2-disc SE!

And while you're at it... how about a non-flipper version of The Green Berets as well?

Jon B NY

Stunt Coordinator
All flippers need to be eliminated and reissued!!!! Infiltrate, destroy, rebuild!

Alright, anyway, while I love this film...ever read the book? It was the first book to really make John Grisham a somewhat popular author. And as much as I love Keifer Sutherland's evil red-neck brother character, the book just rocks! Read it.

This film would be worth owning if the reissue had a good interview (or maybe even commentary?!!!) with Grisham himself about how important this book must be to him.

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
Okay, Paramount is releasing a SE of The Rainmaker. Now, how about Warner releasing Pelican Brief & a Time To Kill SEs. After 10 years I don't think these would be double dips a single person would complain about. Anything'd be better than single layer featureless flippers in snappers. How about a little John Grisham love?

Nick Chavez Beverly Hills

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nicholas Chavez
Indeed, very good inquiry....and I have other Warner flippers in the collection which need remastering to a one-disc solution, like Sleepers; what is up with Warner and leaving these titles to flipper status? Films like JFK, running three and a half hours, can get one-disc deluxe treatment (with extras on the second platter, of course) while there are still flipper products out there like Sleepers and Time to Kill?

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vikesfan1963