Is a Mitsubishi 72 inch projection TV a good TV?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by StephenA, Jun 27, 2002.

1. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

I'm just wondering how good of a TV this is. I've had mine for like 6 years now. It still looks real good. Since I got a DVD player, I can't watch VHS anymore on the TV because I see the grain too much on it now. Hopefully it won't die out soon, because it kind of spoiled me with being such a big screen and the fact that it'd be too expensive to replace it.

It was my stepfather's doing for having such a big TV, because he used to be such a HT and gaming nut. Every time a bigger and/or better TV, VCR, laserdisc player, or game console came out, he had to get it. He tended to get stuff cheaper than normal, because he owned a computer business, painted cars and trucks, and plowed snow, so he'd trade stuff, fix up peoples' vehicles, and/or plow their business's parking lots to either get stuff alot cheaper or trade it for what he did for them. When he and my mom went on the outs, he sold pretty much everything except the TV and VCR, which got me and my mom mad because we used it all regularly.

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

3. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    There was a whole story/review/write-up on this TV a few months back in Sound and Vision Magazine. It looks like an awesome set!