What's new

Is a HD tuner required to display HD from the XBox 360? (1 Viewer)

ace peterson

Second Unit
Can an "HD ready" monitor display HD from the XBox 360 or is an external tuner required? I've read conflicting information on that.

Thanks in advance.

Ace

Bob Friend

Stunt Coordinator
The 360 outputs in HD. Assuming your monitor is, in fact, HD Ready and has component imputs it will display the 360 output in HD. No need for a tuner.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I've heard the 360 can use a VGA output. If so, can it be hooked to a VGA monitor (.2mm dot pitch, 1280x1024 res) and how would the image compare to an SD television?

I'm asking because I'm leary of hooking to my 40" Toshiba HD set. I've never run a console on my set and wish to avoid burn in, but I also want a better picture than the 25" SD tv to which my PS2 and Gamecube are hooked.

ace peterson

Second Unit
I think it was the informational brochure about the 360 that I picked up at BestBuy that mentioned it required a tuner box if your set was "HD ready."

Rodney K

Agent

That's just wrong, what Bob said is right.

As for hooking any gaming system up to a projection television, as long as you have your set adjusted using Avia or Video esentials you should have no problem. I've had consoles hooked up to my projection tv for 6 years now and have no burn-in at all.

rk

Nathan A

Second Unit
I read a BB ad that said the core package included a s-video cable. I don't think it does.

Anyway, I don't have a 360, but I do have a XBox that runs 1080i without a tuner. My set's a Mits HD ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks