What's new

Is a DVD available with all the DTS and DD trailers on it? (1 Viewer)

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I know that not everyone likes to listen to these, but sometimes I get in a freakish mood and like to listen to the opening trailers for DTS. I also like to use them as demos. I know DD had a bunch of different ones preceding movies that were on LD. Not to mention the THX logo flying off the screen.

I was wondering if there is a released disc with a collection of these different trailers? Or muliple discs since DTS and DD are two different entities? I can't seem to find them so I am not holding my breath, but I would like to have these.
Thank you,

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
You know what, I was wondering the same thing. That would be a really good DVD.

Brendan Brown

Stunt Coordinator
I would love to have something like that, although I have many discs with the Sonic Landscape (DTS Piano) trailer, I'd love to have a disc with the collected DTS, Dolby Digital (including the water drops, mist train, and space/northern lights trailer) and THX logos'

but the licensing rights might be killer.....

wasn't there an Ultimate DVD with some of this stuff on it?

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
You know, I never really understood the Sonic Landscape one. The origianl flying disc sounds so cool and is really impactful. The piano one is boring. :frowning:

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
George, I agree with that. I love the DTS disc one. It is great when I put on a DVD and see that. I just crank it up, and allow myself to drool.

Brendan Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Hmm, we must have different tastes, I always found the Flying Disc one to sound grating and lo-fi even if it's use of the surrounds was less subtle. I was never impressed with it, even back the first time I heard it when I was ten years old, and sitting in a darkened theatre about to see Jurassic Park for the first time....I can't believe I remember that far back...

It'd be neat if they included a few SDDS trailers downmixed into 6.1 DD or DTS...especially the Triangle ones that were playing in my theatre around the time the Star Wars Special Editions were being released.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Heck, they even have nice DLP theater trailers! I like stuff that's flashy and loud, but still sounds good. (This limited opinion is for trailers only.) I'll take a DVD full of all of these!

Chris Moe

Screenwriter
I'm skating on thin ice here so if I go to far moderators feel free to delete this. You can find all of these trailors online in a form that is easily burned to DVD which retains the 5.1 sound. Do to forum rules I cannot give you more info here.

John Swarce

Second Unit
The Sound & Vision Home Theater Tune-up disc from Ovation Software has a bunch of the trailers that you are looking for. The DD 5.1 trailers are great in particular.

There is only one THX trailer (in three different aspect ratios!) offered, unfortunately. It's the one that mimics the T-1000 recreation at the end of T2.

Check it out at Sound & Vision !

Edited: wrong URL!! :b

TyC

Stunt Coordinator
The DVD Demystified disc contains:
Dolby Digital Trailers:
  • Aurora
  • Rain
  • Train
  • Canyon
  • Egypt
  • City
  • Game
DTS Trailers:
  • Digital Experience
  • Sonic Landscape
THX Trailers:
  • Grand
  • TEX
  • TEX 2: Moo Can

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I have seen that screenshot before. I think it is from an image that you can download and burn to DVD. Sorry to say, but someone probably downloaded that DVD image, burned it, and is selling it. I would tell you where that image file is located, but it's against the rules. I wouldn't buy that disc.

CraigL

Screenwriter
I purchased a disc on Ebay a couple of months ago with EVERY DD/THX/DTS trailer on it INCLUDING the THX WOW demo in DD/DTS. Absolutely fantastic! Anamorphic too! Probably one of the best purchases I've ever made...i love it.

CraigL

Screenwriter
Robert,

It's not. The one I got was EXTREMELY well made and the trailers were all digitally ripped from their sources. I was blown away by the quality and the fact that it only cost me $25 including shipping. If only the studios would do the same thing...

But that WOW! Demo and the pod race in DTS are absolutely phenomenal.

The rest is just fun...and great to have it all in one place.

I bought the dvd from Dolby back in Dec with my Dolby plaque and it's very awesome.The dvd inculdes all the Dolby trailers including the new one for DD-EX (Waterfall);8 trailers in all.It also includes Dolby Pro-Logic II and Surround trailers that they use for games on the PS2 and PC such as The Wizard, Fire, and Enlighten.The game section also includes interviews with the makers.What's also neat is selecting the "I" icon for info next to the trailers title and it tells when it was created and what film it debuted with and some even have behind the scenes with the development of the animation and the recording of the orchestra.It even has one trailer for Dolby Headphone that is played before in-flight movies on planes that support it and a Dolby Headphone Demo video.

A must have Dolby dvd indeed!:)

Now, if we can just get DTS to do one in the same and then I'll be VERY happy.

Robert

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I wondered what was on the Dolby disc. I didn't see a description so I assumed it was just clips from movies to show off their encoding. I figured that if it had the trailers on it, they would make a big deal about it. This wouldn't be the first time (or last) I was naive about something. I agree, DTS should do this too, and so can THX. Don't they know people would like this stuff?:cool:

TyC

Stunt Coordinator
I believe DTS used to have demo discs, but they are all gone now. You may be able to find them on Ebay. THX doesn't make their demo DVD available to consumers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks