Is _Jackie Brown_ ever coming to DVD?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian JB, Apr 9, 2002.

1. Brian JB

Brian JB Auditioning

What's the deal with this? I've emailed Miramax about when it going to be released and have gotten no response. Anyone know any info on this great title?

Brian

2. Leila Dougan

Leila Dougan Screenwriter

Ah man! I thought you were saying that you knew for sure it was going to be released. I'll be right in line with ya to buy it, though.

3. Craig_T

Craig_T Second Unit

WORST THREAD TITLE EVER!

4. Brian JB

Brian JB Auditioning

Sorry about the Title..Leila and Craig. I wouldn't say the worst title ever, Craig!

5. Eric Walsh

Eric Walsh Stunt Coordinator

The three explanation points is terribly misleading. It is like showing a handful of wrapped objects that look like candy to a child but when they open them they realize it is chunks of spinach. [​IMG] Alright maybe not but I still got excited and was let down once I saw it was a question rather than a statement. Either way I would love to own this one.
    -Eric

6. Rain

Rain Producer

Brian,
    Welcome to the forum. As I'm sure you've figured out by now, we generally prefer you use question marks rather than exclamation points when enquiring about the availability of a title on DVD or something similar.
    We hate getting our hopes up and then being disappointed.
    Sorry if I sould like a moderator, which I am not, just trying to help out a new guy. [​IMG]
    As for the topic at hand, I seem to recall hearing rumours of a Special Edition of this title, but I don't think there was anything beyond just a rumour.
    Cheers!

7. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

Wow. Thanks for the terrific news Brian.

8. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Guys, lay off Brian, will you? Check his post count. I mean, come on--is this a way to treat a new member?

Meanwhile, you got your wish and the unfortunate thread title has been changed.

And, despite the errant posts, Brian, you are welcome to Home Theater Forum--the friendliest home-theater site on the 'net (believe it or not).

9. Brian JB

Brian JB Auditioning

thanks for the warm greetings...Kyle McKnight: I'm glad you like the terrific news!

Brian

10. Dave H

Dave H Producer

Considering Jackie Brown is available in other regions, I'm surprised it's not in Region 1 yet. Hopefully, one of these years we'll see it.

11. Lars Larsen

Lars Larsen Stunt Coordinator

Lars Larsen
    I just don't understand why the US market doesn't get a title like this on DVD. What's with the hold up? It was released here in region 2 over a year ago I think... Of course, I don't complain --- I just don't understand it.

12. Robert_eb

Robert_eb Supporting Actor

I thought I heard that this was coming out in late '02.

13. G Miller

G Miller Stunt Coordinator

Why don't you import it from Region 4? The U.S $ buys plenty of Australian $$$, so it would be fairly cheap.
    check out http://www.ezydvd.com.au

14. Brian JB

Brian JB Auditioning

Gary, First off I don't think region 4 would work with my region 1 dvd player and that website cannot send to USA.

Can EzyDVD source DVD's from overseas?

"Simply the answer is NO. It's an infringement of copyright for us to deal with product that is not legitimately sourced by it's rightful copyright owner in Australia".

Thanks anyways.

And: whats weird is this movie was put out in Australia before USA. So your lucky on that one.

15. Eric Walsh

Eric Walsh Stunt Coordinator

Brian

Sorry I didnt want to come off as mean or something. I was just trying to make a stupid metaphor joke. And like others have said welcome to the forum. I myself have just joined not that long ago and have noticed how touchy people can get about somethings and I dont want to be one of them, sorry it came off that way. Anyway here is hoping once again for a special edition of Jackie Brown.

-Eric

16. Randall Dorr

Randall Dorr Second Unit

The Digital Bits' Rumor Mill (go down to 2/28/02) says it's coming before the end of the year.

17. Scott_MacD

Scott_MacD Supporting Actor

Brian,

18. DeanWalsh

DeanWalsh Second Unit

From an outsiders (non-region 1) perspective, region coding is the bane of the dvd format. Being in region 4, we commonly get inferior releases than our r1(or other) cousins. Missing DTS tracks, missing extras, and sometimes inferior transfers. Sure I can understand the studios perspective, but if a company here releases product that is similarly priced, and is a bare bones disc compared to a deluxe r1 counterpart I think we as a consumer have every right to buy the superior product. As an r1 consumer you are also missing out on superior product in some cases by staying loyal to your region. I now make it a point to research what is available all over the world and make an informed decision as to what version is superior. As a result I own discs from many countries.

I know I'm straying from the topic a bit, so to sum up I'll just say I'd highly recommend any dvd buff to sort out any ntsc>pal and regional issues with their hardware and take a look at the bigger picture. Jackie Brown has been available here (r4) since mid-1999, is anamorphic and an excellent transfer.

19. Rob FM

Rob FM Second Unit

R
    Well, you can solve the "Region" problems by spending $49.99 on a NEW DVD player (w/ component out) as described by HTF members here: DVD
    Any movie region will play on these, not too shabby for 50 bucks!!
    ~Rob

20. Robert Spalding

Robert Spalding Second Unit

it's available on Divx too!