Is 6th Ave authorized to sell HK online?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Mike Allen, Oct 2, 2003.

1. Mike Allen

Mike Allen Stunt Coordinator

I know that 6th Ave is a authorized dealer for Harmon Kardon....IF you walk in to the store and buy it. But are they authorized to sell online? On HK's website, they are only listed as a local authorized dealer, but not for online sales. Yet on 6th Ave's website, they represent themselves as authorized.

I sent both 6th Ave and HK an email about this a couple of days ago with no reply yet, so I'm asking here [​IMG]
    Mike Allen

2. Harold Wazzu

Harold Wazzu Supporting Actor

Give them a call on their toll-free number 1-866-666-6AVE

3. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

6th Ave is not an authorized H/K dealer for their Internet sales. I gathered this information about 4 weeks ago when I was shopping for an AVR-7200. However, it doesn't hurt to see how long 6th Ave. will stand behind the product if you purchase from them. They are certainly a great retailer (or E-tailer) to deal with.

But, to get around the issue, 6th Ave. might just cut you an invoice from their retail store. OneCall is authorized to sell via the Internet - but, my invoice indicated it was from Huppin's (sp) Hi-Fi -- which is the brick and mortar version of OneCall.

4. Mike Allen

Thanks for the info Wayne [​IMG]

5. Craig Robertson

Craig Robertson Supporting Actor

6. Mike Allen

Well, I ordered a 325 from J&R yesterday and had A+++ service from them over the phone(on a sunday no less). And they price matched 6th Ave's price.

Actually, I finally heard back from H/K, and 6th Ave IS authorized to sell online now. They just haven't updated the H/K site yet. But I sent 6th Ave two emails about this and never heard back from them. After absolutely no response I decided to take my business elsewhere and am glad I did [​IMG]
    Thanks guys,
    Mike Allen