Is 15% off of Paradigm a good deal

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Pacey_V, Jan 10, 2003.

1. Pacey_V

Pacey_V Auditioning

Hi everyone. I live in South Carolina and a local dealer would give me 15% off of paradigm studio (wood studio 100, Studio CC, ADP, and pw2200. Plus 6% sale tax. Is that a good deal? or should i take 2-3 days off of work and rent a van and drive to Canada . How much more would i save in Canada??

Thanks for any help

2. Chris Will

Chris Will Screenwriter

Chris WIlliams
    I don't know what they cost in Canada, but I would take the 15% discount. Your going to spend alot on gas to drive to Canada and back so you may not save much money. What if you get back and you open the box to find something missing or defective. It's a long drive to exchange them. But that's just my opinion.

3. JohnKings

JohnKings Stunt Coordinator

If you are up for the trip to Canada, I would definitely go. If you take the time to negotiate the price you can save easily 30 to 40 % off US list. I would recommend that you call dealerships in the area you are travelling to and find-out what there prices will be for your setup(push for atleast a 25% discount off Canadian list). Once you find the price you are looking for make sure they have everything in stock (or give them the time to order it) and your off to the great white north!

I drove 15 hours straight to get my Studio setup and it was worth every minute. The fact that I could sell it on ebay at any time for a profit, makes it a great investment as well.
    John

4. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
    I think 15% is a very good deal and dealing with Canada and making the trip this time of year is a real pain in the butt.
    But it is a beautiful country and so if you are due some vacation, you may want to consider it.
    Paradigms are superb speakers IMHO and great value for the money already.
    [​IMG]

5. Barry BB

Barry BB Stunt Coordinator

If you rule out a trip to Canada then grab the 15% off before the dealer changes his mind. That is a very good discount.

6. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Yes, 15% is good. I have been buying gear from the same shop for around 6 years, and they typically will give me between 10-15%, once in a great while 20%.

7. Kwang Suh

Kwang Suh Supporting Actor

Come to Canada! The moose are in season!

8. Matt_Key

Matt_Key Agent

I would buy local. Most places will give you 10% off. Driving to Canada seems like too much wasted time.

Matt

9. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Casual Enthusiast
    Supporter

Clint
    I'd take the 15% and call it a day.

10. Jason Brent

Jason Brent Second Unit

Hmmm...I got more than 15% from my dealer. I don't know how unusual it is to get these deals, though.

First bought the PW-2200 for $600, then the Studio CC for $300. I most recently got the Studio 60's for $800.

I don't have the matching paradigm surrounds, though. I have atlantic tech 374 dipoles. I'm thinking of selling them and trying to get the ADP's, or studio 20's.

11. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

The difference between the % off you'll get in Canada and the Difference you'll get in South Carolina will be nixxed once you figure in the cost of the drive to Canada + your time and trouble + the possibility of a return if something is screwy. Cut your losses and Enjoy your speakers at that discount because that is a good one when you consider how little people get from their Paradigm dealers.

12. Pacey_V

Pacey_V Auditioning

Thanks guys for the help. I dont think i am going to canada, that is a very long trip for me. plus college is starting back.

13. Andy Young

Andy Young Stunt Coordinator

I only got 15% off because the salesman made a mistake. Told me and a few others on 12/31 that they were having a new year's day sale where all Paradigm speakers were 15% off. Came back the next day and he said that he screwed up, that the sale was only supposed to be 10% -- which the sales signs in the store stated. However, he said that he was honoring the 15% to me and whoever else he spoke to the day earlier.

To make a short story long, take the 15% deal. SC to Canada only works if there are about 5 people in on the deal ... to spread out cost of trip. People in major markets can drive better bargains, as there are many other competing brands and even competing dealers of the same brand. People like me are a more captive audience and can't leverage deals the same way. I am very happy with 15% off.

Good luck.

14. Jim_Lan

Jim_Lan Agent

What dealer are you using in South Carolina. I live in NC and the best I can get is 10%