What's new

Is $1269 Canadian a good price for the Infocus X1 (1 Viewer)

Yanki_Yuksel

Auditioning
Hi everyone,

I have been researching this projector for a couple of weeks now. I have even bought one from Future Shop to test at home and brought it back a few days later as I can get it for $1269 Plus GST. Future Shop was $1399 + PST + GST

I am just curious if the $1269 is the cheapest out there or if someone in Ontario could point me to a cheaper store.

Thanks in advance all,

Yanki

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
That sounds like a pretty good price...

You can try Pricematching the store with FutureShop to get it for a bit cheaper...

Yanki_Yuksel

Auditioning
Thanks for the idea... but the store I picked it up from is Ingram Micro. The purchase was made through the company I work for so I think I have just found the cheapest. I picked up the projector yesterday and am very happy. I bought a Queen Flat sheet and stuck it on the wall for now until I can ceiling mount the projector and decide how big to have the screen, I will refrain from ordering a screen.

Does anyone know of a good place to purchase ceiling mounts or have any design info to build one?

Thanks,

Yanki

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Check out the AVS under $3500 projector forum, many people there have been able to cheaply build themselves mounts for the X1...

Just a warning before you build, the screws at the bottom are only about 10mm deep, and if you screw too deep, too hard (that sounded bad), you may damage the casing of the projector.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks