Irreversible question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jason*O, Mar 3, 2003.

1. Jason*O

Jason*O Extra

I see that Irreversible is on dvd in France- region 2- but it has no english subtitles. Does anyone know if it has been released in any other countries or regions?

Thanks
    Jason
    My website

2. Hendrik

Hendrik Supporting Actor

...the movie is available in Italy... dubbed into Italian, no doubt - or possibly (but not very likely) with original French subtitled in Italian... but NO English subs (and why should there be, on a DVD that is destined for the Italian market?)...

...but... there is hope yet: a May release in the UK...

. . . [​IMG] . . .

3. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

I read somewhere (and it's partly confirmed on IMDB) that Lions Gate Films bought the distribution rights for U.S. release and will be giving it a theatrical run. Lions Gate tends to be pretty good about getting their films to DVD, so there is hope - but you'll have to wait until after the theatrical run (which will probably be short given the nature of this film - i.e. not being "blockbuster material", I'm not talking about the merits of the film).

4. Paul_D

Paul_D Cinematographer

I have the French version, and I have to say that it's absolutely fantastic (transfer was supervised by the DP and director). The box set (with Noe's first feautre Seul Contre Tous) is superb and can be had for a very decent price.

Someone over at DVDTalk is putting together a timed script which can be used with DVDSubber, so if you're playing back on a PC, you can watch the R2 with English subs.

Coincidentally, the film opens in NY and LA today. I do highly recommend seeing this film in a theater first. The impact is astonishing.