What's new

ironside season 5 (1 Viewer)

ironside season 5 seems to be available in australia whats taking it so long to release it here

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
How about it didn't sell well and Shout Factory lost money on it? I picked up seasons 5,6,& 7 when I was in Australia this year. Cheap too.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Any excuse I hear for Shout on this title doesn't fly with me, but I've made that clear many times in the past and won't rehash it this time.
However, I have zero intention of wasting my money on a foreign region release that can only play on one machine for me when I already have a good quality boot set from uncut cable airings. Given a choice between a foreign region release and uncut good quality cable repeats, I will 100% of the time pick the latter.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
If you already have the machine how can it be a waste of money? If you don't have the player then I can see the point.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I got the machine for one reason only and that was so I could get McCloud S1, whch is the only foreign region release of a US show I've ever gotten and will get because it was the only way to finally see the 60 minute versions of those episodes. That's the only scenario where I'll take foreign over a good cable boot snce the 60 minute episodes have never aired in thi country.
I want to have something I can watch on my own portable players when I travel. Foreign region stuff doesn't work for that.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Jack P said:
I got the machine for one reason only and that was so I could get McCloud S1, whch is the only foreign region release of a US show I've ever gotten and will get because it was the only way to finally see the 60 minute versions of those episodes. That's the only scenario where I'll take foreign over a good cable boot snce the 60 minute episodes have never aired in thi country.
I want to have something I can watch on my own portable players when I travel. Foreign region stuff doesn't work for that.
I like to take shows with me when I travel too. However, it doesn't bother me to have to choose from the thousands of other DVDs I have that are region one.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I don't believe my choices on what I want to take when I travel should be dictated according to the subjective standards of other people.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
As a good friend reminded me this morning, technology now exists where one can view pretty much any dvd in any machine and certainly in any computer.

Gary "I buy R1 when it's an option, but I'm not going to deprive myself just because something is only available in another region code" O.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
I don't like my viewing to be dictated by region coding. With all things being equal i will obviously choose Region 1. However, if another region has something of interest not available in region 1, or the quality of the release is better, or the price cheaper, I won't hestitate to purchase from another region.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Jack P said:
You don't think getting the machine for one disc only was a waste of money? For any R1-only travel equipment though, I can see that point sure.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
It only cost me $80 plus it gave me a more reliable playback machine for my other discs in many cases before I got a Blu-Ray. The playback on my DVD-Recorder, a combo player was increasingly unreliable in that area. So no, I did not waste money getting the machine, there was a practical reason for it that also helped me get something to watch the only foreign region release of a US show I'll ever buy. (and it wasn't one disc)

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
Hello,
Can some let me know if I buy Ironside Season 5, can I play it in a computer drive if I don't have a region free DVD player?
I live in the US.
Thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks