What's new

Iron Monkey, in theaters and already on dvd? (1 Viewer)

Lucas Dang

Stunt Coordinator
Whats going on, why is this movie being advertised for a theatrical release when it is readily available on dvd and vhs for old JP6.
Does the studio really believe that people will see the trailer on tv, and run out and see the movie while not hearing the buzz from friends and family that this movie is sitting on one of their shelves and in store already.
Are they trying to get some CTHD customers to come in, because Iron Monkey is not eve close.
I wouldnt complain though if it was the released Subtitled version. Especially if they released Once Upon a time in China series in theaters subtitled.
Why not Storm Raiders- that would pack in the CTHD viewers.
Anyone able to explain this??

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
They are just calling it Iron Monkey. From what I know, I think it's the third in the series. ???
------------------
Kyle³
------------------
Yahoo Messenger - digitalkyle

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I wouldnt complain though if it was the released Subtitled version. Especially if they released Once Upon a time in China series in theaters subtitled.
I just saw a subbed print of OUATIC last weekend here in Philly.
People don't pay attention to HK DVDs unless they're SPECIFICALLY a fan. I'm sure that since it's Miramax, the DVD will NOT be OSL, hence I'll keep my HK
Jeff Kleist

Jimmy Gonzalez

Stunt Coordinator
Hmm I guess this will give people who don't really know about Hong Kong cinema a chance to see Woo Ping's best work(IMHO) with out having to hunt it down.
I liked CTHD but I think the fight scenes in Iron Monkey are the best ever using wire work. Lets just hope it does not get butchered.
I also agree. Storm Riders is a great movie and DVD...
JG

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks